𝐈𝐗

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

KALANI SINCLAIR chews timidly on her bottom lip as her gaze lingers on the rather prosaic building towering before her. It's coated a stale white with hints of black here and there, and if she remembers correctly from the pamphlet that was given to her days prior, she's looking at engineered hardwood. It's nothing that perks her interest; she's far from a construction worker.

The size, however, makes her jaw twitch, and she wonders if anyone has managed to walk its every crevice. Probably not.

The whole length of the building doesn't even fit in her peripheral, so she has to lengthen her neck to see that it easily towers over neighbouring buildings in height. It's definitely hard to miss— pamphlet or no pamphlet.

"Come on, Lani," Leonardo Sinclair calls, a couple footsteps ahead of her, and her gaze falls to her Dad. Now, Kalani was no thief but she stole his entire face. And they were so alike, you could even say she stole his personality.

She follows behind him, watching as he saunters in his blue Moncler puffer coat that he's wearing over a white Comme des Garçons T-Shirt. She's most impressed at the motorsport blue Jordan 4's he wears on his feet, though.

Copycat. She thinks, grinning a little. "I don't like how you copied my trainers, Dad."

He chuckles, "And I don't like how you copied my face but you don't see me complaining."

"That's your fault," she snickers, catching up to him.

Kalani loves her Dad more than anything in the world. She's more fond of him than her mother who, at first, didn't like that she was into football because even women could be misogynists.

She shouldn't have been told that she was like a boy because she loved the sport, because who gave loving football a gender? She shouldn't have been told to spend more of her free time cooking and cleaning 'because that's what girls were supposed to do' rather than having a kick about with her Dad and brother in the park.

She didn't understand why it was so hard to deter from the ideology that football was a men's sport. It was just a sport, and the hat-trick she'd scored in her last game was proof enough that females could ball too.

Her Dad, on the other hand, taught her how to kick a ball before she could even walk due to his unhinged love for football. He was the one who had moulded her to support Manchester United in the first place, and that's why he's insanely proud she reps the badge now.

He's very active in her development; in fact, he's the one that lined up this very meeting they're on their way to now with the Managing Director and Co-Founder of a sports management team because he's frustrated that she's been riding solo for a while. After a bit of research, he thinks this one can really help elevate her career.