Thunderstorms

Ok ok I'm trying to get back into writing fluff cause this entire book has been me slowly descending into writing more and more angst which was not what I want. 

-------

3rd Person

Most of 1A was sitting in the dorm main room, mostly just doing their own things. Bakugou and Kirishima were sitting on the side of the couch; Bakugou leaning against the arm of the chair on his phone, and Kirishima leaning his head on Bakugou's shoulder. Denki, Sero, and Jirou were sitting on the floor, all playing some racing game as Mina screamed at them to do better, Kirishima was watching his friends' very chaotic game. Asui, Yayorozu, Ojiro, and Hagakure all sat on the other couch having a conversation about who knows what. There were some other people in the kitchen as well. 

It was around 7pm and was pretty dark outside. Suddenly a bright flash covered the room and a loud boom! shocked everyone. "HEY DON'T JUMP ON ME, ARE YOU TRYING TO MESS ME UP!!" Denki screeched at Sero who had jumped from surprise. 

Kirishima could feel Bakugou's shoulder tense instantly, he noticed his grip on his phone was now tight enough to turn his fingertips red from pressure. Bakugou, on the other hand, could feel his throat close and his entire body freeze at the thunder. Kirishima placed his hand on Katsuki's knee firmly. 

Eijirou knew Bakugou was afraid of thunderstorms. He had known for a few months when they had a sleepover and there was an unexpected thunderstorm; Bakugou had tried to contain his fear in front of Kirishima, but he inevitably failed. Eijirou also knew how embarrassed Bakugou was of this fear, and he knew he'd want to leave as quick as possible. 

"Hey Bakugou," he said, trying not to sound suspicious, "Wanna go watch a movie in my room? Or yours."

Bakugou was quick to take up this offer. So they made their quick escape to the dorm rooms, opting for Kirishima's. 

They walk in, closing and locking the door behind them. Katsuki lets out a sigh of relief, "Thank you-" Suddenly there's another strike and he jumps into the air. His breathing picked up a little. 

"Hey, hey. Katsuki look at me," Kirishima said, "Match your breathing to mine, okay?" He lightly grabbed Bakugou's forearms. 

He let out a few more panicked breaths but he slowly and messily matched their breathing. His eyes were pricked with tears. 

"Do you-" Another strike. This time Bakugou moved his hands to cover his ears and quickly crouched to the ground, closing his eyes tight. He did focus on his breathing and tried not to hyperventilate. 

Kirishima squatted down next to him slowly, and put his hand on Katsuki's left shoulder. "Hey, hey, look at me. It's okay. It's going to be okay," he said softly. Bakugou was looking at his eyes now, he was shaking slightly but he wasn't having a full-blown panic attack. 

"Do you want to try to cuddle under a blanket and watch a movie?" Eijirou offered, he spoke gently. 

"Yeah. Sure," Katsuki responded. His voice wasn't too shaky and Eijirou figured he would be okay. 

So they did just that, surrounding themselves in all the pillows and blankets in the room. Katsuki layed his head on Kirishima's chest as they watched some random Netflix movie on Eijirou's laptop. He would still jump or whimper every time thunder struck but it wasn't as bad. At one point he tried to mutter an apology to Eijirou for being "annoying and afraid." But Eijirou was quick to shut down the idea that he was a sort of inconvenience, or that his fear was a bother. 

Soon enough the thunderstorm faded and the two fell peacefully asleep just like that. 

-------

A shorter one but it's not angst so...

I always feel so weird when writing fluff, how do you do it? Maybe that's a sign I'm bad at writing it lol. 

Q: What is your PERSONAL OPINION on my writing style?

(Feel free to be as harsh as you want, it's an opinion after all, I'll be okay lol). 

A: Personally I think my writing style is very long and drawn out most of the time. I think I have too many words/too much detail a lot which I usually find agonizing to read(even tho I love Stephen King lol), but it's just naturally the way I write/talk. I kinda wish I could change it sometimes but I literally cannot speak in short sentences. I suck at summarizing too. I know I mention this a lot but that's because it bothers me. But I like to think I can get more emotions and sort of messages across. I don't think my writing is bad, per say, I just wish I could use less words. This answer is a perfect example of that. 

2/8/21