Football AU

This part is inspired by the story called "What You Don't Know(completed)" by @Kiri-Spikes . It is really good, I highly recommend it.

Bakugou took a deep breath as he walked into the hospital room. He was not surprised when he saw Eijirou's dumbass friends already there sitting on the hospital chairs next to the bed. 

Soy Sauce and Goth Aesthetic were sleeping on each other as Pikachu and Raccoon Eyes stayed awake, on their phones. They looked genuinely sad, a look that Bakugou had rarely seen on their faces. He only ever saw a sad face on them after the team had lost a game. Raccoon Eyes was a cheerleader but she took it to heart when the football(soccer for the non-Americans) team lost. They were both really worried and it showed. 

Bakugou let out a breath he'd been subconsciously holding as he walked in and sat down in one of the chair across from everyone else, to Kiri's left side. Katsuki looked at his boyfriend's face and sighed. It had been all his fault.

Katsuki was gunning for the ball. The entire world seemed to disappear as he did. He felt the cool air running through his helmet, his sweat making it seem even colder against his face. His legs hurt slightly from running so much all game. He could see the ball as though it was moving in slow motion. He leaned back to catch it, running backwards. He was going to get this ball, then this point, then this game. He had this whole thing in the bag. The crowd and cheerleaders cheering on not only him, but the team. Then he sees Kiri also gunning for the ball. He slipped on the slightly wet grass and fell backwards, landing on his back, the wind being knocked out of him. Kiri saw this and tried his best to come to a stop, but it was too late. The momentum he had built up worked against him as he fell.

Bakugou doesn't really remember the rest all that well. But if he hadn't fell Kiri wouldn't have been distracted, and he wouldn't have gotten hurt. All his fault. 

"Hey," Kaminari said, Bakugou looked up, glaring at him, "it's not your fault, you know." Bakugou just scoffed and looked back at Eijirou's peaceful, sleeping face.

Kaminari had no clue how to interact with Bakugou. Kirishima seemed to be the only one who could ever really calm the blonde down. The only one who ever truly seemed to know what to say. Kaminari just didn't understand him. How do you reply to a "tch"? It's a real conversation killer. 

Kaminari decided to entrust cheering Bakugou up to Mina. She was good with people, right? He elbowed her side. She looked up at him, one eyebrow raised. He motioned his head towards the longing Katsuki. Mina sighed, clicking her phone off. She opened her mouth to say something and right as she did Kiri began to stir.

Bakugou sat straight up in his seat quickly. Eijirou's eyes fluttered open and he moved to sit on his elbows. Kaminari started shaking Jirou and Sero to wake them up. Everyone was ecstatic. They already knew Kiri would be okay, and that he'd wake up soon, but they couldn't wait to hug their friend again. 

Eijirou was clearly bothered by the bright hospital lights. He squinted his eyes, confused for a second. He tried to remember where he was but he couldn't. After another second he opened his eyes more and looked around. "Katsuki?" he said confused.

Bakugou instantly reached for Kiri's hand, grabbing it. "Hm?" He was being super quiet. He always seemed quieter around Kiri, but it never failed to amaze the "Bakusquad." 

"Where are we?" Eijirou said. 

"The hospital. You got hurt during the game against the Bulldogs, remember?" he replied.

Eijirou's eyebrows furrowed for a second. After a little bit they unfurrowed and he said, "Ooooh yeah. Hehe." He put a hand behind his head bashfully. He looked to his other side. He saw his friends and smiled brightly with a, "Hey guys!"

That chapter was kind of boring. I might make a part two but I've literally rewritten this whole chapter like 5 times and this is the best I've done so far. So I'll leave it like this for now. I like the idea I just can't seem to go anywhere with it. Maybe it's cause I'm beyond unathletic. 

Y'know that scene of Bakugou going for the ball and then falling back? That's inspired by me tossing a walnut up and down and then falling over like a dumbass. :)

So yeah. If you have any AU/ideas in general please leave them anywhere. I need inspiration.