Chapter Fourteen

Cat P.O.V.

Dallas and Dawson I think might just be the best people I've ever met. They both are full of that southern charm everyone talks about. Neither of them have grasped the background of "Shadow hunters" no matter how many times I have explained it. I didn't think it was that confusing but apparently, it's "Very confusing" according to Dallas. All the chick-fil-a is gone and Dawson was right; it was awesome. "You ever watched Grey's Anatomy," Dallas asks and I shake my head, "I've heard of it though," "It's pretty good," he says and Dawson gives him a look. "Since when do you watch Grey's Anatomy," "Brooklyn makes me watch it," Dawson snickers, "Of course she would," "I thought Brooklyn was Dawson's best friend," I asked looking at both of them confused. Dawson nods, "Yeah, she is but she's Dallas's girlfriend," he explains and I nod, "Got it,"

Once I watch Dallas and Dawson drive off I walk up into my room and throw myself onto my bed with a huge smile on my face. I have a bed frame and I got to see Dawson, and I get to meet his mom tomorrow. Wait. I meet his mom tomorrow. And his dad. It's just lunch, it'll be casual. I'll be fine. Oh who am I kidding, I was shy as hell around Dallas and now I've agreed to meet his family. It's going to go terribly. I've never met a boyfriend's family. Is that what Dawson and I are? We've only been on one date, so I think not? He hasn't asked but dating now is weird maybe he thinks we are? This is giving me a headache just thinking about it. Not to mention it's Christmas Eve tomorrow and who knows if mum will be home. She's been working so much recently which isn't surprising but still. I miss her. Nonetheless, I have things to do tonight, which doesn't include putting up a Christmas tree. 1, because we never bought one. 2, because I can't be arsed to buy one and put it up. But, now, I have to find an outfit that Is socially acceptable for Christmas lunch. No, nevermind that can be tomorrow's problem instead I decide to reread Pride and Prejudice for the 15th time. Getting lost in the world of Jane Austen always has a weird sense of calmness to it. And I end up falling asleep while reading.

The next morning I wake up to my mum knocking on my door, "Yeah," I call out and she peeks her head in. "Happy Christmas Eve, sweetie. I'll be home tomorrow and maybe you should invite that boy over," "It'll be Christmas mum, I'm sure he'll be with his family," "Well, text him and let me know," she says and I nod. "I'm off see you tonight," she says, closing the door. I quickly grab my phone and send Dawson a text asking if he'd like to come over sometime tomorrow. To my surprise, he says yes. Great, now he'll meet my mum that should go well, right? I close my book after putting one of my bookmarks in it and set it down. Then I head to my closet to find an outfit. What do I even wear to meet my possible boyfriend's family? I never met Jackson's family, granted he wouldn't let me. Should I wear something Christmasy? Yes. Of course, I should it's Christmas eve for goodness sake but I don't own many Christmasy things so I guess black will have to do. I decide on black ripped jeans and a black cropped sweater but to be a little bit Christmasy I grab my dark green low-top converse and put them on before doing my makeup and curling my hair. Once that's all done, I grab my things and walk to the closest coffee shop. Dawson hasn't texted me about picking me up but I imagine he will closer to lunch, considering it's only 11:30..... Wait it's 11:30 and he hasn't texted me what if he forgets. No, Dawson wouldn't forget. Would he? I shake the thoughts from my head and walk into the coffee shop and order my usual, Mango Iced-tea. I look around the busy shop and when I see Dawson our eyes lock on each other instantly.  He's with another girl which causes a small bit of jealousy until she looks at me and I recognize her from the part, Brooklyn. Dawson's best friend and Dallas's girlfriend. She looks back at Dawson and whispers something. Dawson nods and I decide to walk over. "Hey, cat," he says, smiling at me. After a second his eyes move from me to Brooklyn. "Where are my manners? Brooklyn meet Cat, Cat this is Brooklyn, my best friend."

I turn and smile at Brooklyn while putting my hand out. "The Brooklyn? I've heard a lot about you." I ask as we shake hands, "I've heard a lot about you too, and call me Brook," she says kindly and with a smile. She also has the same southern accent the boys have but hers is softer."All good things I hope." I say nervously and begin to pull on my fingers as they call my name for my drink, "It was nice to meet you, Brook, I'll see you tomorrow Dawson?" I ask completely forgetting his mum asked me over for lunch

"Actually I have to go going if you want to stay cat," Brooklyn says as she stands up, she's a bit taller than me with almost silver, medium length hair that's a deep brown at the roots and light blue eyes. I see why Dallas would date her, she's basically perfect. I smile and agree to stay but go to quickly collect my drink. As I walk back Dawson gives Brook a hug before going to walk out, "Oh, and merry Christmas eve, Cat," Brooklyn says with a kind smile before walking out. I take a seat where Brook was sitting moments ago. "You're still coming to lunch right," Dawson asks with a raised brow and I nod, "I was just about to text you when you walked in," he explains and I shrug, "It's fine Dawson, I totally forgot about lunch for a minute and Brooklyn seems nice," I say and sip my drink, "Yeah she is," he says with a smile. "My mom is really excited to meet you," he says and I smile nervously, "I'm excited to meet them," I say. "Cat," Dawson says softly making me focus on him instead of looking out the window, "You don't have to do this. I can text my mom saying something came up and you can't come," he says reaching across the table to take my hand. His eyes are full of sincerity, "I'll be fine," I say and turn my hand to grab his hand and squeeze it. "We should get going," he says and stands up. I do the same and he looks at me, "Ready to meet my insane family," he asks and with a smile. No, no I'm not  but despite my nerves, I look at him and smile the best I can, "Yes." I say and he takes my hand leading me out the door.  This is going to go well, right?