Prologue

July 26th→ 2017 →Bora Bora

July 26th 2017 Bora Bora

Sat on the decking of her over-water bungalow, Isabella listened to the ripples of the waves gently lapping against the wooden posts that held the hotel. The girl had been vacationing for around a week with her best friend, Chase. Chase was the best friend Bella could ever ask for, he was always there, he always listened to her problems, no matter how big or small. He treated Bella like a little sister, and the girl couldn't be more grateful. Isabella sat wondering about how life was back home.

Her best friend, Kaylee was pregnant with her brother, Matias' baby. The duo had felt terrible leaving their best friends back home in Marlyand, as Kaylee was far too pregnant to fly and Matias wouldn't dream of leaving her, but the couple had insisted on Chase and Bella going to enjoy themselves before the baby arrived. As, in Mat's words "You're in this shit just as much as us. You're gonna have many sleepless nights, hermana". Bella smiled at the memory, that being the last thing he had said to her before the two stepped onto the plane. Suddenly, Bella was pulled out of her thoughts by a pair of arms wrapping around her.

"Chase, don't you fucking dare" Bella squealed, tightening her grip around Chase's neck.

"Well, Bel" Chase snickered, "Ha, that rhymed, anyway not the point! Bel, my love, you know, telling me not to do something is the way to get me to do it. And in a way, you dared me" He teased, Isabella's arms wrapping tighter around his neck than before.

"Chase, do it" Bella tried to counteract her previous statement, before Chase shrugged and jumped in with her, telling her that she told him too. As the two broke the surface for air, Bella swam over to the older boy and dunked his head, only to have him lift her up and throw her away from him, as if she was light as a feather.

"Oh my god!" she screeched, "I FUCKING HATE YOU!" pouting while treading water, which earned a huge belly laugh from Chase.

"No, you don't" Chase smiled, swimming over and pulling her into a hug.

"Ye, I know I don't" she huffed, escaping his arms and swimming to the ladder. Pulling herself up, she shook the excess water and grabbed a towel, squeezing the salty water out of her hair. Hearing a buzzing, she walked through to the kitchen island to her phone, only to be met with 40 odd missed calls from her father, 36 from her oldest brother Tyler, and 23 from Chase's mother. Instantly, the girl had a uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach, as if she knew something terrible had happened. She unlocked her phone and pressed on her eldest brother's caller id. Her palms were sweaty, her knees were weak and her hands were trembling. Chase was still outside in the water, about to climb up the ladder.

"H-Hello? Ty?" Bella spoke, her voice laced with worry.

"Isa, baby. I'm so sorry hermana" it was evident in her brother's voice he had been crying, thus increasing the already growing worry in the pit of her stomach.