First Day on the Job

I sighed as today was the day the students would arrive. There has been rumors that Harry Potter is going to Hogwarts which I guess is pretty cool. I Grabbed some dress pants and a nice white long sleeve shirt. I took of my bandages earlier praying they wont bleed during the day. I headed to the great hall sitting next to Minnie. " Good Morning Minnie." She smiled and said " Good Morning dear, I'm about to get the students so sadly I'm going to have to leave you for a bit." I softly smiled and nodded as she left her seat. My heart dropped once Severus came in the great hall as he his face soften and quickly went to his seat. I sighed felt a chair shifted beside me to see Severus next to me.

"Good Morning Miss Gandalf." I ignored him focusing on my plate. He was about to say something till the students came in. All eyes shifted to me as I was a new professor. I took a deep breath usually avoiding crowds. Once the first years came in I saw a small boy with glasses. Whispers were heard as I titled my head slightly confused. Once they all were standing Dumbledore began saying his usual speech. "We have one new staff member she will be the potions assistant please welcome with open arms Professor G. Gandalf."   I stood up and bowed my hand smiling softly and waving at the students. Claps were heard and I quickly took my seat. 

The sorting ceremony began. I watched a couple of students get sorted till Harry Potter was called. Whispers were discussed and Dumbledore stood up. Severus looked nervous and I  raised an eyebrow at him. He got Gryffindor, and they all went crazy. "C'mon Miss Gandalf we need to prepare for class. " I said nothing as I got up from my seat and followed him. I sat down by him quietly as I began looking threw the lesson plan. "Sir how are they supposed to learn this if its confusing even for me?!" He rolled his eyes and said " Last time I checked Miss, IM not teaching you." I took a deep breath and just went back to working. The first years came in and I couldn't help but say something for poor Harry.

"Excuse me Professor, but I think your being a little unfair, Obviously he doesn't know so how about you ask someone that knows the answer?" Harry looked at me and smiled not used to people sticking up for him. Snape took a deep breath and said " Well he obviously thinks fame is everything." I scoffed and said "He did nothing wrong." Snape walked over to me and whispered " Remember whos classroom is this miss now be quiet." A couple of classes later I felt something trickling down my hand. I quietly cursed under my breath as the gash in my arm started leaking. Snape's eyes widen as he told the class he was back and grabbed my shoulder to take me to Madam Pomfrey' s. 

"YOU CUT YOURSELF." I sighed and said "That's none of you business sir I can heal it." I muttered something under my breath as my wound healed. "Now if you excuse me we have a class to attend." 

A couple of hours later

I sighed as I saw all the blood that dripped on the floor and muttered a spell to clean it up. It was about 8:30 and I quickly headed to my room to sleep a bit early.