Who wants to live forever? 2 ~ Bon X Malcolm

Sorry, this is really long;)

Evening, September 11th 1981, Sydney:

A whole year had passed. Malcolm didn't feel human anymore. He hated himself. He hated the way he looked, he hated his personality, he absolutely loathed himself. He almost never slept, hardly talked, and his only food was alcohol. Nobody could get him to eat. Not even Angus. Nobody. Nobody came near him. He had built kind of a protective wall around himself and didn't let anyone through. The only situation in his life that he tried to be sober about was at concerts. But it just hurt so bloody hell to be sober. And these pictures. God, the pictures never stopped. Pictures of Bon that his brain had saved and just couldn't let go of. That summer, Phil and Cliff had announced they were gay and a couple. Nobody minded. Not even the new singer Brian Johnson. Malcolm's mind broke even further when he realized that no one had anything against Cliff and Phil. So nobody would have had anything against him and Bon either, right? God, they were so stupid. Malcolm had been so stupid. He took the blame and didn't allow himself to be changed. It was his fault that Bon died. His alone. The little guitarist mostly spent his evenings alone in the nearby pub. The barman knew him very well and knew exactly what Malcolm wanted. The young rhythm guitarist was sitting at a table in the far corner of the bar, staring into his half-drunk glass of scotch. His mind whirled around Bon. That beautiful face. But ... why was Malcolm thinking about it? Bon had made it clear that he didn't want him. He didn't want to be tied to Malcolm. Malcolm felt tears in his eyes as he thought about it. Suddenly someone sat down next to him. He raised his head to see a beautiful young woman sitting next to him. Her makeup was blurred and she seemed to have been crying.

"May I sit next to you?" She sniffed. Malcolm nodded.

"Has something happened?" The stranger nodded sadly. "What happened, little one?" She smiled weakly.

"I ... my boyfriend broke up." Malcolm nodded understandingly.

"When?" He asked then.

"Yesterday." She sniffed. Malcolm reached into his pants pocket and took out a handkerchief that he gave her. "Thank you." She mumbled softly, blowing her nose with it. "What about you?" She asked quietly. "You look pretty sad too." Malcolm sighed.

"I'm fine." He looked back into his glass. She carefully put an arm around his shoulders.

"I know we don't know each other, but... we're both obviously sad. Do you want to talk about it?" Malcolm sighed softly.

"I ... I'm bisexual ... do you mind?" He asked quietly. She looked at him in shock before she recovered.

"No. Of course I don't mind. It's just ... first of all surprising and secondly, I've never met anyone who told this to a stranger. I mean... my best friend is gay and he didn't tell me until after 8 years." Malcolm nodded a little.

"You know ... I ... I had a boyfriend. And we really loved each other." She nodded.

"What happened?"

"Well ... I made him a wedding proposal. I know that gays cannot marry. But ... I wanted to have an unofficial wedding. So I can still call him my husband. But ... he didn't want to marry me. In his opinion, marriage meant becoming attached to someone, which it ultimately is. But he didn't want to bond with me." Malcolm started to cry. She stroked his shoulder.

"Hey. It's good. What happened then?"

"The next day, he was found dead in a car with alcohol poisoning." Malcolm sobbed.

"Oh my god." She whispered. "Crap. It's awful." She hugged him tightly. "Crap. I'm so sorry. How long ago was that?"

"One year." Malcolm sniffed.