CHAPTER SEVEN

New Message From: Eli📚

Eli📚: Hey. Did you get home okay yesterday?

Flossie🌸: Yeah. All good. You doing okay?

Eli📚: I'm fine.

Flossie🌸: Kyler's a loser.

Eli📚: I guess.
Read at 6:43 AM.

7:24 AM
Eli📚 added Demetri🧝🏼‍♂️ to the chat.

Eli📚: You guys wanna come over after school?

Demetri🧝🏼‍♂️: Yeah sure. I got a new chemistry set so we can blow shit up.

Eli📚: Don't ruin another carpet. My mom will kill me.

Demetri🧝🏼‍♂️: 🙄 Whatever.

Eli📚: Flossie? You coming?

Flossie🌸: Sorry guys. I have to do something after school.

Eli📚: Again?

Demetri🧝🏼‍♂️: 😐😐😐
Demetri🧝🏼‍♂️: Stop acting like you have other friends

Flossie🌸: Shove off. I'm a busy gal.

Eli📚: You still want a ride to school, right?

Flossie🌸: Please. I think my bike's fucked up. It keeps drifting to the left.

Demetri🧝🏼‍♂️: That's what you get when you buy a bike for 20 dollars.

Flossie🌸: Don't talk to me today.

Flossie sighed, rereading the messages with her two best friends. She wished she were at Eli's right now, "blowing shit up" but she had other things on her mind too.

Her mouth— her wit— was sharp, but her fists couldn't follow through. Miguel had finally convinced her. If she wanted to defend her best friend then she needed the right training.

The bell chimed as she stepped into the karate dojo, glancing around nervously. Miguel jumped up at the sight of his friend, happy she actually turned up.

"What the hell?" The older man said. "No yoga till 5:00."

Flossie looked down at herself, questioning what made him think she was here for yoga. "Um," she started unsure. "Yeah, no. I'm actually here to kick Miguel's ass."

Miguel snickered at this, looking between his friend and his Sensei. The man looked at her confused so she continued. "Miguel told me you were looking for new students, and I want to learn how to fight," she stated, making a fist in anger as she thought about her reasons for coming here in the first place.

"I appreciate you coming in, but there are no girls in Cobra Kai," the man said sternly, looking away.

Flossie scoffed at this. "Yeah, right," she bickered. "And why is that?" She questioned him.