CHAPTER EIGHT

Flossie waited for Eli at his locker at lunch but didn't seem him anywhere among the crowd of other students.

"Hey," Miguel came up behind her, making her jump a little. "Ooh- don't let Sensei see you flinch like that. He'll make us run around Reseda Boulevard again," he joked, to which Flossie rolled her eyes.

She had been going to karate everyday for the last two weeks and when she wasn't at karate she was training with Miguel.

Flossie would rush out of school, say bye to Eli and Demetri and ride her bike to the dojo with Miguel. They would train for hours, and then she would get home, practice some more, and get ready for bed just in time for Eli to climb through her window.

Truth be told she was exhausted— sore and tired.

"You seen Eli?" She questioned him, holding on to her backpack that was only on one shoulder.

Miguel shook his head, "maybe he's already in the cafeteria. Wanna go?"

Flossie nodded, following Miguel down the hallway. Suddenly, she felt a buzzing in her pocket, and it seemed that the rest of the student body did too because they all started laughing.

Flossie realized why Eli wasn't in the hallway.

One New Twitter Notification:
@Kyler: Lip, Geek, the Karate Reject and the Freak.
Click to view 1 attached image...

Miguel and Flossie groaned, it was a picture of the four of them at the movies last weekend. "Great," Flossie commented, shoving her phone in her pocket.

"Hey at least your picture isn't embarrassing," he complained, scrolling through all of the replies. The girl wasn't sure why he would do that, it only gets worse. "Oh shit..."

"What?" Flossie questioned trying to look at his phone, but he held it away from her so she couldn't see it. As she chased him down the hall to the cafeteria, she twisted his arm and tore the phone from his grasp.

Read 15 Replies.
@Yasmine: the saddest couple I've ever seen.
Click to view 1 attached image...
@Moon: @Yasmine that is so wrong! lol!
@Brucks: @Yasmine @Moon guess lip gets some too.
@Kyler: @Brucks nah she's probably just so desperate. swore she was eye banging me in the library a few weeks ago.

Flossie shoved the phone back towards him, pissed off at Kyler, pissed off at Brucks and pissed off at those mean bitches for instigating.

The girl threw her bag down into her chair, looking at Miguel who seemed to know what she was thinking.

Just as she was about to go up to Brucks and Kyler, she made eye contact with Eli who just slipped into the cafeteria with Demetri, holding their trays sheepishly. She knew they saw the post.

This made here even more angry, thinking about how Eli was probably upset at what those hot-shots were tweeting and she balled up her fist. "No mercy, right Miguel?" She whispered and he nodded.

"You got it, Flossie," he whispered back, cheering her on. "This is what you've wanted to do for so long. I got your back if you need me."

Flossie nodded as her two friends approached them, giving a stern look and turning furiously to the group of boys who stood in the back of the cafeteria. Here goes nothing.

She stormed up to them, leaving her two best friends shocked. "Oh shit," Demetri muttered. "What is she doing now?"

But it was too late, Flossie's heart already turned cold and rage was the only emotion she had felt at the moment. All those comments, all nights she spent crying— wondering when people would stop chastising her— and all those times Miguel kicked her down and she got back up. She was ready to finally do something about it, and finally she knew she could.

Flossie shoved Kyler's back, and he turned around furiously. "You got something to say? Then you can say it to my face," Flossie sneered meanly. "All of you are a bunch of pussies."

Kyler scoffed at this. "Who are you calling a pussy?" He questioned, stepping up to her. Flossie looked around for a moment, Brucks cracked his knuckles, Yasmine looked a little shocked? Scared? Flossie couldn't tell, and Sam smirked to herself. What the hell could she find so funny?

"Okay!" Brucks said, getting pumped up. "Who likes dork meat?"

Flossie put her fists up, planted her feet and thought about all the times she struck that dummy, imagining Kyler's face. "What happened to you that made you such an asshole?" Flossie questioned, circling the boy, who now also had his fists up. "Were you never validated as a child? Did mommy never compliment your drawings, or maybe daddy didn't show up to your wrestling meets. Did you not have hair on your balls in seventh grade and your friends made fun of you for it?"

Everyone ooh'd at her statement, pulling out their cameras. Kyler's face turned hard at this, but she wasn't done. "What? Do you have to piss on the feelings of my friends to make yourself feel better?" She asked. Finally planting her feet strongly. "Anyway, you have to seriously get over it and stop walking around like your better than everyone, because honestly — if I got a lobotomy and some tights I could be just like you—"

Kyler cut her off by taking a swing at her face, which she quickly blocked. Too easy, she thought, Miguel punches harder than that.

She twisted his arm behind his back, turning him around and sent him flying into the lunch table. Brucks grabbed her from behind, but she "slithered" out, kicking him hard in the chest.

Miguel started to notice that more of the jocks were gaining up on her, so he threw his lunch off of the tray and ran over to her with the red plastic in hand.

He started smacking people across the face with it, before getting sent across the table by Kyler, which made the entirety of the cafeteria gasp.

Flossie pulled him up, standing next to him, "want another beat down Rhea'?" Kyler questioned threatening. "Think you could use your lame-ass karate?"

Flossie scoffed at this, "it's not lame-ass karate," she stated, putting her hands back up in a fighting position.

Miguel mimed her, standing back to back, "it's Cobra Kai," he continued.

The two started kicking major ass, making the jocks look like a bunch of shmelts. At one point, Flossie kicked one of them into Yasmine's table and her drink spilled all over her.

She yelped in disgust, but ultimately backed away fearful of Flossie. How could this nobody, the person that she dropped in middle school, make her so afraid? After all Yasmine was the one who had the upper hand.

I guess the majority of the student body realized that wasn't true anymore, not after today at least. When Miguel held Flossie up, to deliver one final blow, the entire cafeteria erupted in cheers.

The girl looked around proudly, meeting the eyes of her best friend who was in awe. He had never seen her do anything like that, and could remember countless times of her complaining about even participating in gym class. It all seemed to make sense, where she went after school.

But part of him was disappointed too, he was supposed to be the one who helped her, and she shouldn't have to help him defend himself all the time. It was like in that moment, he knew he needed to join that karate dojo.

"Hey! Hey!" Counselor Platt called out to the two kids who were still on top of the table, staring at everyone who was filming. "Get down from there," she pulled them down.

That didn't kill their mood though. They won and the jocks lost.