CHAPTER TEN

The next day, the video of Miguel and Flossie kicking ass went viral. Her most recent post was blowing up with comments and she got a lot of DM's, most of students saying how sick it was.

The one that stuck out to her the most was from an old friend.

One New Instagram Message:

@Moon: Hey Flossie!
@Flossie: Oh, hey Moon?
@Moon: I feel like I haven't hung out with you in forever! It's been too long :(
@Flossie: Yep. 6 years... when you picked Yasmine's side.
@Moon: Oh... right. Well Yasmine is having a party for her birthday at the end of the month. It's at the canyon, VIP only, do you wanna come?
One Attached Image: Yasmine's E-Invite
@Flossie: Um, Moon. Weren't you and Yasmine just making fun of me and my friends on Twitter yesterday? Why would you invite me to her party?
@Moon: Yasmine asked me to invite you.
Read at 3:32 PM.

Flossie locked her phone, standing with Miguel outside the dojo. She was extremely curious as to why Yasmine would even want her at her party, and why she got Moon to invite her. The whole thing seemed a little suspicious to her.

There were so many people around, whispering about the viral video, and even Aisha showed up — to which she smiled. But Flossie couldn't help herself from looking around for Eli.

She knew he said he wanted to come, to learn how to fight, but after her embarrassing confession they barely talked at school all day.

"Looks like we're in business," Sensei Lawrence said to the two of them, looking impressed with the amount of people who showed up for practice.

When they all walked in and started getting ready: taking their shoes off, changing from their school clothes, etc., Miguel waved Flossie over to their Sensei's office.

"I saw the video," he said to the girl. "I saw how you stood up to those pussies and used everything I taught you," Sensei Lawrence admitted, impressed.

Flossie stood their proudly, next to Miguel who smiled at her. He was in a Gi, something that was earned in the dojo, and held his hands behind his back.

"Because of your bad-assery," the Sensei continued, "I have decided you have earned this," he said as Miguel held out another Gi, showing the girl.

"It's a replica of the one I wore for my first tournament," he said. "Keep kicking ass like that and I can see you winning your's."

Flossie smiled brightly, taking the Gi from Miguel and nodding to the man. "Thank you, Sensei," she said, leaving the office to get changed in the bathroom.

As she put on the Gi, she felt pride, looking at herself in the mirror. She had never really won anything in her life, and even though she wasn't technically winning anything now, she felt like she had. Maybe it was because she gained her Sensei's respect.

When she walked out into the dojo, she almost widened her eyes in surprise — Eli and Demetri were actually there. She wanted to go up to them, talk to them and say she was glad they came, but she remembered the awkward tension between her and Eli, so she just chose to spar with Miguel instead.

Eli watched her carefully, as the two practiced moves on each other. Miguel would hit her, and she wouldn't even be moved, just hit him back. He was in awe, wondering if maybe he could ever do that.

"Why did I let you talk me into this?" Demetri complained to Eli, looking up from his phone. "This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason."