Chapter Thirty-Three

Syllable For The Day - 'Real'

-----

KIERA'S POV

"Kiera, are you going to do this?" Grace asked as I put my stuff in the trolley. I had to do this, at least for my peace and he had to pay for hurting me for two whole months.

"Grace, I respect you a lot but you don't do this to me. Alan has to answer for all the hurt he has given me. You know it too, that he has to, Grace." She nodded and kept quiet until my bag was packed.

"I'll ask Alex to let you use the private jet," Grace said and I stopped her. She gave me a look. I was not used to travelling in flight yet and alone wouldn't be possible for me.

"A normal plane ticket would be fine. I don't think I'm well enough to travel alone. And I have to do this alone. Tell him, I'll pay him back soon." I told her. I didn't want my trip to be imposed on Grace and Alex.

"You don't have to. This is the least we can do to...help you." She chose her word wisely and I was glad. 

"Grace, don't...don't let Alan know." She nodded and left.

I opened the drawer and pulled out the ring box and the envelope. I gave them one glance before I shoved them in my handbag. I was going to ask him for answers and he had no other way but to answer me.

I pulled up the trolley and dragged it down. Once in the living room, I saw Dylan and he gave me a glance that indicated that he was waiting for me. 

"I'm here to drop you at the airport. If you let me..." He trailed off as he pulled the bag and probably put it in the trunk. Grace came to me but her face had turned up into a smile.

"This is sandwiches, have them before the flight. Also, just leave me a text when you reach." I nodded at her statement and took the bag from her. I hugged her.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry if I've been rude to you." I said to her as rationality synced into me. Grace pulled away and shook her head at my statement.

"You've been anything but that. Go, or you'll miss the flight." I smiled at her and walked ahead to a new destination.

-----

"Dylan, thank you so much. I can handle it from here." I said to him as he removed the trolley from the trunk. He smiled at me. I had finished the sandwiches and was glad because the food at the airport was a tad bit expensive.

Or that's what I had heard from Eva.

I went through the security check and cleared out all the formalities. I sat in the waiting lounge. I had come here, but I was nervous. I was even scared to know the truth. I didn't know if Alan had left because of me. 

The announcer called out for the flight to London. I took in a deep breath and walked towards the path that will lead me to Alan.

-----

Once I got down the flight, I collected my luggage. I looked at the watch but something was wrong with my watch. Then I realised that the time belonged to back home. 

I checked my phone to see that it was cross midnight here. I sighed. I should've looked at the time difference before. I sighed but I was already here. 

I saw many cabs. I didn't know how to get a cab that was safe now. In this new place, even though people were good, how was I even to trust anyone?

One of the guys came to me, he had dressed very well and looked like a decent man.

"Where do want to go?" He asked and I blinked. I looked up to my phone where Grace had sent me the address.