Chapter Nineteen

Syllable For The Day - 'Barrier'

-----

KIERA'S POV

All had slept. I was tired with the kids running around. Grace was busy accompanying her mother-in-law. They seemed to have a good bond.

She seemed very fond of Grace. She only made a small chat with me, the one which included my background and all, nothing more.

Being here, I felt that I was the Nanny and not a family member. I realized how good Grace was treating me this whole time. She never made me feel like I was just a Nanny to her kids.

She was kind.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" It was Grace. She had a jug in her hand and she was in a rob.

"Nothing much just that...how well you treat me." I smiled at her.

"Don't think too much. Mom is like that only. She'll accept you gradually. And well, if you want her acceptance this bad, why not take a step ahead?" She winked at me and my eyes widened.

"Grace, my girl!" I screeched slowly. I shook my head and looked away. It was silent and I was thinking about Grace's statement.

I wondered how Alan would react if he knew that I'd harboured feelings for him. It still was a hard fact for me to accept.

"Do you think I could take a step ahead?" I asked Grace. Maybe she could help me realize what should I exactly do.

"What step?" I heard a different voice and with a flash speed, I turned my head to face Alan. My eyes completely wide but then I blinked rapidly.

"What step? No step! When did you come here? Were you sneaking up on me?" I blabbered constantly in worry. He came and sat on the sofa, beside me.

"Just now. Not sneaking." He answered my previous question and I just nodded.

"Not asleep yet?" He asked and then I looked at him. He still was in his suit from the morning. The one in which he was looking sexy. I stopped my thoughts.

"No. You just returned home?" It was almost midnight. I can't believe he worked so much. But back at the mansion, he used to come back soon.

"Don't like this mansion." He said and looked ahead. He was rather stiff. There was something over here that he was uncomfortable with.

For a person to not like such a big and great mansion, he sure must've had a good reason.

"Go and get changed. I'll heat the food for you." I muttered and stood up. I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable with me around him.

Without another word, he stood up and walked to his room. I understood that he agreed with my statement.

I heated the food and just on time, Alan came downstairs. His hair was a little wet and he was looking sexy. I had every urge to pin him down but I didn't.

"Here, have it." I passed the plate with food in it. He gave me one curt nod and started eating. I just sat there watching him eat. He had no expressions about how he felt about my continuous gaze on him.

"Done." He said once he finished his food. I paused him and he gave me a questioning face.

"There is sauce..." I started but my voice faded as my hand involuntarily went to wipe the right corner of the bottom lip.

The moment my finger touched his lip, the softness had me struck. I halted completely and we both gazed at each other.

I couldn't find it in me to let go. Desire pulsed through me. We were just one counter away.