Chapter 1(Nico)

When Will heard that Nico had never been to an amusement park, he yelped and his eyebrows shot up so high they almost disappeared. "You have never been to an amusement park? Never? Ever?", he kept repeating while jumping up and down in Cabin 13 excitedly. Nico rolled his eyes, flopped onto his bed and mumbled, "It's not a big deal, calm down." 

Nico had lost a bet, and now, Will could take him anywhere in the mortal world. Instead of spending his Saturday sulking in his cabin or at least training, he was probably going to spend his day at an amusement park where there definitely was going to be children shrieking. That thought made him sigh so dramatically the back of his throat slightly hurt. 

"Nico, it's not going to be so bad as you think. We can feel like a kid again! Just think of all the rides that we can go on and the carnival, food...", Will's voice trailed off and his eyes turned dreamy. And when he begged, "Please, please, can we go to an amusement park today?", Nico couldn't bring himself to say No, why would I want to listen to screaming children all day? And why would I want to be a kid again-. So he reluctantly said, "Fine, but it better be at least a bit entertaining." 

Even if his day wasn't going to be spent in the comfort of his cabin, the smile that brightened up Will's face and the way his beautiful sky blue eyes shone was worth it. Secretly, Nico knew that as long as he was with Will, his day would be good, if not perfect. 

Will said, "C'mon, you have to actually get up and get ready if we're going to get in before there's a huge crowd" and pulled him to his feet. When their eyes met, Nico couldn't help but blush furiously and turn away to hide his smile. Suddenly, Will cupped his chin and tilted it upwards.

 "I love you", he whispered and gently pressed his lips to Nico's. It was brief but sweet and full of affection. It was enough to make Nico turn crimson anyway. 

"Aww, someone is blushing. So cute", Will teased and dodged a pillow aimed at his head. Nico growled, "Shut the fuck up", and flipped him off. Ignoring Will's soft chuckling, he grabbed his sword and shoved it into a sheath attached to his belt. 

"Okay, I'm all ready to...", Nico faltered when he saw the other boy gaping. Will practically shouted, "Are you seriously going to bring a sword to an amusement park?" 

Nico crossed his arms. "Yes. There could be monsters or people that need to die."

"First, that is a slim possibility. Two, no killing anyone today. Three, can you at least take something smaller? You do realize that you are going to have to go on rides with a sharp three-foot sword made of Stygian Iron right?", Will countered. 

"No, I'm bringing my sword or I'm not going. And yes, I know. I've been in more dangerous situations for gods's sake, Will. Can we please go now?" 

In the end, Will gave in but he made Nico promise that he would only take out his sword if they were in immediate danger. Then, they jogged down Half-Blood Hill and climbed into Argus's waiting van. 

"Have fun on your date!", a familiar voice called. Nico saw that it was Kayla and shouted out the window, "It's not a date, Will is just dragging me to an amusement park because apparently sulking in my cabin isn't healthy" but his whole sentence was lost in the wind. Turning around, he saw that Will was smiling and his eyes were twinkling with amusement. 

Will smirked and said, "Not a date, huh? It's just you and me, and you're holding my hand. I think this does count as a date-" 

" I am not...", Nico started to say, but he looked down at their intertwined hands and realized, that he had gotten so used to Will holding his hand that he didn't feel conscious about it anymore. He sighed but didn't pull away like he would have a couple of months ago.