Chapter 3(Magnus)

On the eleventh ring, Magnus Bane gave up on ignoring his phone.

He had finished making the perfect cocktail-he could have snapped his fingers and conjured whatever cocktail he wanted from his favorite bar but he liked to make them by himself sometimes-and was about to take a sip when his phone rang for the eleventh time.

Sighing, he carefully balanced the glass between his fingers and walked over to the kitchen counter, where his phone was slightly vibrating. He closed his eyes and let out a groan of frustration and pressed accept. Or it might have been a random button. Magnus didn't care if he accidentally pressed decline. But he heard a beep and knew he had pressed the accept button.

"Hello, this is Magnus Bane. It is eight in the morning on a Wednesday, so I understand however, it would be greatly appreciated if you call me back later in the day. Perhaps at," he inhaled deeply, and continued, "ten o'clock? In two hours?" He opened his eyes again and lazily looked at Chairman Meow who stretched out on the couch and yawned.

"Really Magnus? It's eight A.M. for god's sake! You need to wait at least four hours," the exasperation in Alec's voice was clear.

"Oh, Alexander. Hello dear. I didn't drink even one sip yet, don't worry. I mean, it is-,"

"Happy hour somewhere in the world," his boyfriend finished.

"I do admit to thinking about drinking a light cocktail. You know, to begin my day on a refreshing start," Magnus casually said, while trying to gingerly put down the glass he was holding without making any noise. He knew, if his rings clinked against it even slightly, Alec would know. Unfortunately for him, he had many rings. In that moment, he forgot he could have used his magic. But alas, his hands were occupied. One holding the phone (which he didn't consider putting down), and the other, holding the glass.

He could picture Alec rolling his eyes as he said, "Anyway, why didn't you pick up? I called you ten times! I had to ask you something important that you might know something about, considering that you are the High Warlock of Brooklyn. Also according to Izzy there has been some weird demonic activity near that amusement park you took me to. And I have to- "

"Amusement park? The place where you ate cotton candy for the first time and then-"
"Magnus, stay on track please. I'm supposed to go there to see what's wrong. Apparently, they have been disappearing and reappearing at random times. And I was wondering if you wanted to come with me bec-,"

Magnus smirked, and chuckled, "Because you want to go on a date with me? You know, you can straight up ask me, I won't ever say no to date, especially with you."

Exhaling deeply, he flopped onto his sofa, where Chairman Meow jumped into his lap. Magus was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't often that his cat asked for pets.

"And yes Alec, I'll go to there with you, what time should I get there?"

"Uhh, can you possibly get there in about..," he trailed off. Then Magnus heard loud knocking on a door, and a distant female voice yelling. A moment later, Alec returned to the phone and said, "Izzy and I are going to catch a taxi in about 10 minutes, so in about an hour?"

Internally, Magnus groaned. Isabelle was coming. He liked her enough; she was a bright, cheerful and strong girl but he had secretly wished he was going on a date with Alec. Out loud he merely said, "Okay, got it. Looking forward to seeing you. And remember to wear that blue shirt I gave you last week. It matches your eyes."

He heard a deep sigh. "So out of all the shirt's you've given me, I have to wear that?"

"Yup."