Chapter 4 (Will)

Darkness had pulled him deeper and deeper down in his unconsciousness. But he forced himself to float up as he started to hear hushed rapid voices. He strained to hear what they were saying.
"What do you think they are? They can't be mundane. Can they? They definitely aren't Shadowhunters or Downworlders so what are they?" A deeper voice answered, "I honestly don't know Alexander...we should probably ask them when they wake up."

Will didn't recognize the voice or understand what the hell they were talking about. Where was he anyway? He remembered going to an amusement park, seeing a strange monster, then...only darkness. Was he in danger?

Carefully he pried his eyes open and watched the two figures talk. One of them was spelled out on a big sofa chair holding a glass of... was that a cocktail? The other figure was pacing the room, and Will noted through half opened eyes that he had Nico's sword in his hands. Where was Nico? Was he okay?
As Will tried to sit up by propping his elbows a throbbing pain erupted in his head. Wincing, he sank back down on the bed. A bed? He wasn't in a hospital though, that was clear. There wasn't the distinctive smell of disinfectants, nor were there the equipment usually found in one. Maybe he was somewhere like the infirmary...
"Magnus, Alec, the blonde one is awake," a gentle voice said. It came from his right, and as he attempted to roll over to see who it was, the same voice said, "Don't move. You got hurt pretty badly." Then the owner of the voice walked around the bed, standing next to Will. She had beautiful white hair, dark blue eyes, and blue skin. Blue skin. He tried to scramble back to no avail. Instead, he knocked into something warm and familiar. Nico. And determining from his steady breaths, he was okay.
Will tried to relax. He wasn't tied up, Nico was okay, and they didn't seem to be in any immediate danger. Even though he highly doubted it, the lady could easily be a monster who wanted to kill them. Noticing the way he was wary of her, she calmly asked, "You can see my warlock marks, can't you?" Will wasn't sure what warlock marks were, but he assumed she was referring to her blue skin. He nodded. "I'm Catarina Loss. I'm a warlock and I'm not going to hurt you," she assured him.
Just then, Magnus and Alec hurried over to the bed. The shorter one, had messy dark hair and a pair of startling blue eyes. The taller one also had dark hair, but it was carefully styled, not even s hair out of place. His eyes were yellowish green, with slit pupils.

Like a cat's. A tiny yelp escaped Will's lips. He thought, I must be dreaming, before darkness took over and he was dragged down once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When he woke up again, the throbbing pain in his head was gone, and he was able to sit up. Lifting a hand up, Will looked for any bandages, but he found none. He was sure he received a concussion, since it hurt so badly earlier, but he felt no pain, as if he had never been injured.

The other side of the bed was empty, and cold. Nico must have gotten up a lot earlier or kidnapped. Will hurriedly swung his legs, over the side and ran into the next room, not bothering to check if he could stand up properly.

It was a very gorgeous room, with extravagant furniture, and a huge window, overlooking a mildly busy street. Nico was sitting tensely on the edge of a gigantic sofa, ready to fight if anything sprang at him. A cat with fluffy grey fur, lay in his lap, napping peacefully. The second Nico saw Will, he leaped into his arms almost knocking both of them down. The cat flew in the air with a yelp, but landed gracefully, and hissed once, before going back to sleep.
To Will's surprise, Nico kissed him, and growled, "that didn't happen," then sat back down on the sofa, looking much more relaxed.

Someone cleared their throat. Will looked up, a blush creeping up his cheeks.

"Ah, the sleepyhead finally woke up," when Will merely blinked, he said, "I'm Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn. And this is my boyfriend, Alec Lightwood, from the New York Institute," gesturing to the boy sleeping with his head in his lap.
"You got hurt badly after the demon dropped you on your head," he continued, "but my friend Catarina Loss healed you well, so you should be good now."