Chapter 2(Alec)

Getting a bucket full of ice water was not on Alec's list of The Best Ways To Get Woken Up. But that was how he was woken up that morning at 5 am.

He felt lips pressing against his own, which he instantly recognized as Magnus's. Snuggling closer to the familiar feel of his boyfriend, he murmured, "I'm still asleep."

That was when Magnus had summoned a bucket full of ice water and dumped it on Alec. Some of the water splattered on Magnus and he jumped back, shrieking. But he had forgotten that his legs were still tangled in the blankets, and he fell off the bed with a cry of dismay.

Alec reacted differently.

He merely shoved himself off the bed hastily and growled, "Magnus!" With an exasperated sigh, he quietly said, "Can't you find better ways to wake me up?" Then smirking a very Jace-like type of smirk, he said, "Jace does this to me all the time, what did you expect?"

Sighing once more, he walked over to the other side of the bed and pulled Magnus to his feet. Instead of a thank you, he got a wink and "Alexander dear, you look fabulous. You should wear that all the time."

Alec looked down at himself. "But I'm..." he trailed off when he realized. And promptly turned bright red. He should have already been used to Magnus's flirty comments. He got them almost every day. But occasionally, he would be caught off guard and heat would rise to his face. Like now.

Flashbacks of what he and Magnus did the night earlier came in a massive flood, not helping his already red face. He shook his head and tried not to look at the tangled sheets. Groaning, he dragged himself into the shower in desperate hope that his head would clear. There was going to be a meeting at the Institute, and he could not have intrusive thoughts distracting him.

By the time he had come out of the bathroom and put on his Shadowhunter gear, his boyfriend had changed the sheets (no doubt "borrowed" from Bed Bath and Beyond) and was sitting on the kitchen counter sipping a mug of coffee.

Jumping down, Magnus said, "Good morning, Alexander. Why are you dressed up?" He added, "not that I'm complaining of course," after a thoughtful moment. He looked up from his coffee and smiled at Alec around his mug. His cat-like eyes lit up and shone. And today they looked were more green than yellow, sparkling beautifully, in the morning sun shining on his face.

Alec was completely mesmerized. He could stare into those magnificent eyes forever. After few seconds of silence, his boyfriend chuckled and muttered, "I believe my charm is at work. I shall go tell Ragnor about this soon." Amusement danced in his eyes.

"Uh, um, I-," Alec stammered. "I have that early meeting today, remember? The one I told you about?" Magnus sighed so dramatically it must have hurt. "Shadowhunters and the need to do everything early. Do you people ever do something called, sleep in on the weekends?"

Alec laughed. "Obviously, I do. You clutch onto me like an oversized friendly koala and don't let me get out of bed before ten. Today is still Wednesday, Magnus. And I told you that you don't have to wake up early." He glanced at the clock and cursed.

"I'm going to be late. Everyone is going to wonder where I've been" he groaned while running toward the door.

"Wait! You forgot your stele."

When Alec went to get his stele, Magnus grabbed the front of his shirt and gave a quick kiss.

"Bye, Magnus," he said and smiled.

Quickly slamming the front door shut, Alec ran down the hallway and rushed down the stairs, careful not to tumble down them. When he reached the bottom step, he put a glamour on himself and hurled through the door.