I was much too worried

Daphne had went to a gathering with her mother to meet the queen and the prince. Anastasia was at her house waiting with the rest of the Bridgertons gleaming with excitement. The mark on her face had thankfully been mostly covered and she was able to ignore or change the topic whenever someone asked why she had not been over there for a few days and why she skipped the ball. Ignoring that conversation also meant she was ignoring Anthony. He knew there was something wrong for he was much too smart and protective to believe otherwise. No matter what she said

" in a town filled with ambitious mamas and fortune-hunting gentlemen, marrying above one's station is an art form, indeed. But miss daphne Bridgertons advance from future duchess to possible princess is an achievement that even this jaded author must applaud." LD

As daphne entered the house I greeted her with a mocking curtsy her only waving me off and dragging my hand to go with her. Both of us being followed by hyacinth asking all these questions about daphne being a princess, me and daphne getting to her room daphne locking the door.

"Though this author cannot dismiss the duke of Hastings quite so soon. He may have let the diamond slip through his fingers for now, but I shall wager he is not a man to ever hide from a fight."

I show daphne the new issue of whistledown while also admiring her necklace. It must have cost some amount of cash
"Daphne you are so lucky. I use to wish to marry a prince." I laugh watching the necklace shine with her every move. "But are you there for love or to spite?"
Daphne looks up with that question she did not know herself, that made me nervous. "Darling. You and the duke love eachother please notice that." I rant. Her only looking at me doe eyed and going back to whistledown.

Daphne had forced me to go with them to the boxing club, ofcourse she would sit with her prince so I was beside Anthony. Holding onto his arm. This was not my idea of my day today. 'I believe it is improper for me to be here. Specifically with you' I laugh "yes well, being with me is much better than any of these other simpletons" he smiles, how rare.

I watch and point out the dukes constant glances at daphne Anthony only nodding. As the fight starts his attention immediately going to it and conversing with his brothers while I gasp at each punch my hand gripping Anthony's arm the other hand holding over my mouth. Violence is not my strong point. Hearing all the yells, I stand up with Anthony to get a better view as the dukes friend knocks down the other dude. Sighing as it is over. "You did not enjoy that, I felt your hand tightening every punch and your gasps at each knock" he laughs 'I am a lady. I do not get out much' I joke earning a laugh as he walks daphne and I back home only to leave a minute later. He's such a man. God it amuses me.

*****

Lady Bridgerton did not appreciate Anthony had taken us to a boxing match. Daphne did not stop playing the same piano tune she was playing days before. She had only stopped when Anthony announced "Prince friedrech has asked me permission to propose" This should be good. "Whatever you decide daph, you shall have my support" he finishes. that's a first. Daphne stutters trying to get some kind of reply out. "You need not decide now. You certainly have not known him long." Violet comforts "let me know when you have an answer, I shall convey it" Anthony nods leaving it be.

*******

And that's how daphne had ended up with such confusing feelings. Anastasia knew she felt something toward the duke but she had also felt the need to be married. Anastasia was sat on the chair behind daphne when it had happened. When daphne had admitted to the duke and her being a ruse. When violet found out.
"What you saw...was a lie. It was a lie. It was a ruse. The duke and I were pretending. All so I could attract a suitor or a high enough rank, all so I could be that much more...desirable. It was an agreement. It was an act, and it worked. We got what we wanted. You did, too. I now have a prince. You should be proud." Daphne rants. Anastasia knew this hurt her. But she would feel so much better to say it aloud.