𝟚 • 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕚𝕕𝕖

•Sophie's POV•

"Ugh."

Sophie flopped down on her bed, not caring that she hadn't changed out of her mud-stained tunic and cloak.

"Why the long face, Foster?" A voice said, nearly giving Sophie a heart-attack.

"Y-you were here this entire time?" She stammered, not answering his question.

"Yep," Keefe smirked. "I could feel that verminion's hatred towards you all the way from here.

Sophie moaned and buried her face into her blankets.

"Hey, it's not a big deal," Keefe said, sitting next to her and tilting her chin up to look him straight in the eye. "Besides, only you can pull off wrestling a verminion while screaming in terror."

She rolled her eyes. "Thanks for reminding me," she said, rolling over and meeting Keefe's eyes.

Oh god, she thought, holding her breath. Those eyes. The ice-blue eyes were deep. They showed love and pain and sadness and adoration and everything in between. They were like blue, blue pools covered with ice. And Sophie was glad that she was one of the people who had broken through the ice.

After a couple of minutes of silence, Keefe broke it.

"Uh, I know I'm hot, but the staring's getting a little creepy, Foster," He said, helping Sophie back into a sitting position.

"Oh, r-right," Sophie stammered, looking down and blushing.

Suddenly she gripped her head, wincing.

"Is everything okay?" Keefe asked, his voice full of concern.

"Yeah... it's fine. I'm just getting bombarded with transmissions from Silveny. She, Wynn, Luna, and Greyfell just flew back in after their lesson!" The alicorns were now teaching their children how to teleport properly.

"Then what are we waiting for?!" Keefe said excitedly jumping up and heading towards the door. "Man, I can't wait to see Glitter Butt."

Sophie giggled at his childish reaction and followed him, taking his hand.

AS they neared the outside of the house, the transmissions became louder as Silveny realized that they were coming.

Sophie! Sophie! Sophie! Keefe! Keefe! Keefe! Fly! Fly! Fly!

Okay, Silveny, we're coming! Sophie transmitted back.

"Come on, Keefe, let's go!" She said, pulling him towards the door. They burst outside and towards the Panakes tree, which was Wynn and Luna's favorite snuggle spot, and where Silveny and Greyfell would likely be too.

Just as she had predicted, they were there. Silveny whinnied and pranced around. Greyfell silently acknowledged them, dipping his head slightly. The alicorn babies were too busy wrestling with each other to say hi.

"Hi, Silveny!" Sophie said, stroking her mane.

"Glitter Butt!" Keefe said, throwing his arms around both Sophie and Silveny.

Keefe! Keefe! Keefe! Glitter Butt! Glitter Butt! Glitter Butt! Fly! Fly! Fly!

"Silveny says she wants to go for a ride," Sophie said as she beckoned Luna over for a belly rub.

Keefe punched a fist into the air. "Yessssss! Come on Glitter Butt! Let's go!" He waved for Sophie to go on. "Ladies first."

Sophie gave an almost uncharacteristic giggle, then hopped on to Silveny. Keefe sat right behind her, and they slowly rose into the air with every flap of Silveny's wings.