I. THE BEGINNG OF THE END

              GUINEVERE was walking carefully, trying not to drop her basket full of clothes when a familiar voice shouted her name

"Guin!" it was Squirrel, a small boy from Dewdenn. He always admired her brother and followed him everywhere, eventually he and Guinevere became friends.

"Hi, Squirrel! What's that in your hand?" she asked, eyeing the bottle in his tiny hands.

The boy only smiled slyly at her, Guinevere figured out it was probably something he stole from a villager.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Don't get caught when you steal." she said, winking at him.

Nimue appeared next to them, greeting Guinevere.

" Want some? " Squirrel asked Nimue.

" Squirrel where did you get that?" Guinevere smiled at Nimue, both girls loved the mischievious boy.

" Found it." he shrugged. Guinevere chuckeld lightly at his response.

"Bit of strong..." the boy said taking a sip from the bottle "but not bad." he continue, smiling.

Nimue and Guinevere laughed at this, but their amusement was ruined by an older women who called Nimue a witch. Guinevere felt bad for this girl, they weren't best friends, but she knew how it was to have to hide your true identity.

"Piss off, half-witt!" said Squirrel

"Don't mind her, Nimue, she is just being a bitch." Guin tried to make her feel a little better, but she still looked somehow sad.

"Are you heading to the Pyre? I wish I could go." asked the boy, trying to change the subject.

Nimue's expression changed, her eyes were wide and she imediatly said:
"Gods, I forgot the offering. Mother will kill me..." and with that she left in a hurry.

"What about you? Where are you going?" he asked Guinevere.

"To the river, I have to wash these." she responded, gesturing to her basket of clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Guinevere returned to her cottage in the outskirts of the village, with all the clothes washed. Entering the kitchen she saw Celest cooking some rabbits. The two women didn't greet each other, their relationship has always been colder.

Guinevere didn't even call her mother, Celest was the one who told her she isn't their real daughter and she always prefered Tristan over her.

Thankfully, it wasn't the case for her father and brother. Raphael and Tristan adored Guinevere, and she adored them.

Raphael came into the room, greeting both women. He kissed Guinevere's forehead and offered to help Celest.

"Have you heard about what happened to that boy, Benum? Nimue attacked him. Dangerous creatures are witches..." she said looking at Guinevere at the last part.

Guinevere had magic, but it wasn't like any kind of fey powers. She could make things float since she was a baby, once she burned a curtain just with her gaze and that only made the relationship between her and Celest colder.

"Celest..." Raphael began to say, he wasn't a fan of Lenore's daughter, but his own girl had magic. Hearing his wife say bad things about witches made him a little tense. "lets not talk about this now."

The women rolled her eyes, but gave in, changing the subject.
"When do you think Tristan will come home?

Raphael chuckeled:
" He left this morning, darling. He will be back in less than two days. "

Celest was always caring, maybe too caring, when it came to Tristan. Guinevere and her brother were more than siblings, they were best friends.

Celest and Raphael finished cooking the rabbits and Guinevere set the table for dinner.

" You seem tense. What happened?" she asked her father.

"The Red Paladins attacked another village, not so far from here." Celest and Raphael shared a look.

"We'll pray for The Hidden to protect us."