III. THE ONE WHO CRIES

"TO pass in the twilight

"TO pass in the twilight..." yelled Squirrel, revealing himself. They were being rescued. Guinevere remained in her place, but stood up as she heard the boy's scream.

Walking slowly and carefully she spotted a tall man, dressed all in black who was pushing Squirrel against a tree. Fuck. He was probably with The Red Paladins, but his clothes were dark, not red.

"Leave him alone!" she yelled with anger, Guinevere wanted to do something, help somehow, but she had no idea what to do.

The man ignored her and continued to speak to Squirrel.
"I will ask you questions and if you lie I will know." She was watching this with fear, what could she do? fighting wasn't her thing and she was too tired to try and use her magic again...

"How many of your kind escaped?" he continued, still ignoring Guinevere.

" I don't know." Squirrel responded.

The man kept pushing Squirrel harder to the point where Guinevere could no longer take it. She wanted to fight him, even if she couldn't.

"Stop! If you have some humanity left leave him alone!" she yelled, her voice desperate and scared.

He finally turned to her, but she couldn't see his face, it was hidden under his hood. He looked like an angel of death.

"Do you know more?"

Guinevere took a step back, but tripped over her cloack. She tried to stand up, but her injuried leg wasn't helping. The man gripped his hand around the collar of her cloack, forcing her to stand up.

He pushed her against the cold stone, making her whince in pain.

"Guin!" yelled Squirrel worried about his friend.