VII. THE MYSTIC LAKE

"BUT you still haven't told me how have you came to the conclusion you are not fey?" Tristan and Guinevere almost reached the lake and he broke the silence

"I put two and two together." she lied, the idea of her not being fey would have never crossed her mind if it wasn't for The Weeping Monk. "My magic wasn't necessary connected to the nature and you said I'm from somewhere far. "

" Yeah, but still. " Tristan wasn't buying this, he knew his sister too well.

" Look, we are already here." she said, gladly. Guinevere didn't really wanted her brother to know about her meeting with The Monk, they have just been reunited, there was no need for worries.

" Take care, sister. ." he said.

"Take care as well, brother." Guinevere watched as Tristan left waveringly. She then got closer to the lake, taking out her knife. To invoke the Three High Priestesses you had to pay in blood.

She was hesitant, Guinevere despised physical pain, or any kind of pain. But at the same time she wanted to know more about herself, she wanted to know what she actually was, who her birth parents were. The girl took one last look at the knife's blade before cutting her own palm.

Her crimson blood falled into the lake, changing its color. From crystal clear, it turned into a muddy color, the lake was no longer tranquil, but turbid. Guinevere stood up, sqeezing her bloody hand, waiting for something to happen.

"You have summoned us, young Shadow Lord." Shadow Lord?

She turned around at the of sound of a ghostly, ancient voice. Behind her, there were three women. All of them looked the same, dusty white robes with hoods that were hiding their faces completely.

"Don't stay silent, Shadow Lord. Speak." demanded another of them.

"Why do you keep calling me a Shadow Lord?" Guinevere was confused, she couldn't be a Shadow Lord, they were powerful and she was, well, herself.

"You have come to us to solve the mistery of your heritage, of your origin. You are half Shadow Lord." she was stunned. A Shadow Lord was not even on the list of possibilities for her. Shadow Lords were creatures of power and greed, dark magical beings.