Chapter 2

May 10th - 4:00 PM

Five more days before Urizen is supposed to rise. I hope they respond quick enough for this. I can't do this alone. Alivanna watches as Kyrie and Nero play with the orphans with a soft smile with a cup of coffee in her hand. She sips at it quietly before Cheryl, the youngest of the girls, comes running up to her with a rose. The little blonde girl with blue eyes grins big and hands her the flower before giggling and running away. Lime green eyes follow the little girl as she joins in on torturing Nero. A soft chuckle escapes the female hunter before her eyes go to the blue rose in her lap. Vergil. This is your favorite flower. Do you even remember that? The first time you ever gave me one? The female sighs before standing up and thanking Kyrie for the coffee. The young brunette blinks with surprise as she watches Ali grab her leather jacket.

"Ali, it's almost dinner time. Stay and eat with us." Kyrie lays a hand on the female's arm as Ali gives her small smile.

"I've got some errands to run. Pa said to meet him in Red Grave. It's best I do so to be ready." Ali gives the woman a kiss on the cheek before saying good-bye.

"Be safe!" Kyrie waves at the she-devil as she hops on her motorcycle and driving off.

After reaching Red Grave, she drives to the Rhodes Estates. The house was lit up again as she walked to the front door. She knocks softly before the door opens right after. The sight of her sister, Kiyanna, was amazing. Ali embraces her baby sister before being escorted into the house. Somehow, some way, Kiyanna and Lilyanna were alive. Fully fledged demons, but alive to say the least. After being killed by Shiska, it some how released their demons fully. Once arriving in the living room, Ali sees her dad, Liam, as he smiles softly at her. He embraces his daughter before releasing her.

"Dante and Nero know of the situation?" Liam sits down on the couch beside his daughter as the brunette nods her head.

"Just the Urizen part. Dante has the same suspicions as I do but is still doubting it. As much as I would like to deny it, I know it's Vergil. His demon. V looks too much and acts too much like Vergil for me to not realize it. The imprint doesn't allow me to just forget him." Ali watches as Liam nods.

"He's going to be too strong. His demon would have fled to the Underworld with Yamato before coming here again. If he's after power, he will go after the same fruit Mundus did all those years ago when he took over as the Prince of the Underworld. As much as it would be a pain in the ass, we need to get V to Urizen or the humanity of him will disappear, leaving an empty shell. There will be no Vergil after that. Killing you in the process."

"I know. If Vergil wasn't alive, I wouldn't be here. That's why I took over fighting Vergil when he was Nelo Angelo. Dante was having a hard time trying not to kill him. I freed him without harming him completely. Obviously that wasn't enough if he went as far as to separate his humanity from his body with Yamato." Ali sighs as she looks down at her hands sitting on top of her dark blue jeans.

"What can you tell me about V? I know you've been watching him." Liam slightly smirks as Ali smirks back.

"He has demon marks. Similar to mine but more towards a blood pact. Tattoos down both arms but designed differently. Maybe two different demons. He may have three for all I know. If he can still trigger with what demonic power he has left." Lime green eyes meet blood red.

"Interesting. Nelo Angelo may have something to do with that."

After many hours of chatting with her family, Alivanna says good-bye and leaving the house. The female sighs heavily before the hair on the back of her neck raises. She looks around with sharp lime green eyes before walking to her motorcycle. As she reaches her bike, she notices one lone blue rose sitting on the seat. Her eyes widen slightly as she looks around again but no one is in sight. Her heart rate increases as she picks up the rose before she feels saddness fill her as she remembers the first time the imprint started to show itself.

"Alivanna."

"Vergil! I thought you weren't able to come over today."

The young girl about 8 years old, was watering the greenhouse garden and taking care of weeds as the eldest twin came walking in with a book in hand. Vergil comes to stand beside the female as she lightly waters the soil where the blue roses were blooming. Her mom enjoyed gardening on the side. When she wasn't able to tend to the plants, Alivanna would take over and make sure it got done. Lime green eyes meet icy blue as a smile softly makes its way on to her face.

"Mom said I was able to. Said something about fate."

"I don't believe in fate but I believe in reasons. Reasons as to why certain things happen. Mum said you and I have a special bond and I believe her. I feel it in here." Ali puts a hand over her heart as she looks at Vergil. "Do you believe that?"

"As long as you do, I will as well. Especially since the blue roses do better when you tend to them. I think they know that bond between us is strong because it is our favorite flower." Vergil lets out a slight smile at the female as she grins.

"I couldn't agree more Vergil!"

"Fancy meeting you here. Alivanna I presume?" Ali snaps her head towards V as she notices a demonic bird on his shoulder and a demonic panther at his side.

"Yes. And you are V?"

"Correct. Do you like blue roses?" V watches as lime green eyes meet his soft grey ones.

"I do. I used to take care of a garden full of blue roses. Where I first promised someone something important and told him my deepest secret."

"I see. Take care of the rose, would you? I would hate to see it... Wither away."

Alivanna nods as she watches V walk down the side walk away from her. She sees her father walk up beside her and gives her a side glance. The female sighs and puts the rose in one of the saddle bags and looks back at her father.

"And it grew both day and night, till it bore an apple bright." Ali sits on her bike and puts her helmet on. "I'll see you later, Pa. The 15th of May."