Ch.1 Regrets

■3rd Person POV■

L/N Y/N is opening her front door, saying "I'm going" to no one, as she lives alone in this house. Her mother passed away when she was young, and her dad is working in Tokyo, only home on weekends.

Kunimi Akira is standing at her front gate, as the two always go to school together.

Y/N: good morning Akira

Y/N smiles sweetly at her childhood friend. Kunimi hands her a lunch box.

Kunimi: morning, mom made this for you...

Y/N happily accept the lunch box and put it in her bag. The two are really close as they live alongside each other since they're born even until now when they're 3rd grade of high school.

It's always like this, Y/N opens her front door to be greeted by Kunimi as he waits for her, and she's always looking forward to it.

It's weird for some people to see them so close to each other, as Y/N is a sweet, kind, and humble girl, while Kunimi is a quiet and expressionless boy.

Right now, Y/N is sitting on the bleacher of the volleyball gym. She's here to watch and wait for her childhood friend, Kunimi Akira.

The practice ended, so Y/N walk out of the gym and waits at the entrance. Not long after, Kunimi walks out o the gym.

Kunimi: sorry, it took longer today...

Y/N: no it's okay, you did your best during practice today Akira...

Y/N smiles at her friends, Kunimi averts his gaze somewhere else. The two walk together and then a gush of wind hit them, making Y/N shivers. Kunimi takes off his jersey jacket and wraps it around Y/N's body. Making the girl stiffens.

Kunimi: wear this...

Kunimi looks at Y/N face when he's putting the jacket on for her. She looks so beautiful, wrapped in his jacket, and then suddenly he braved himself.

Kunimi: Y/N.. I like you...

Y/N looks up at her friend, eyes widened at his confession. Kunimi still wears his blank expression, but a slight blush could be seen across his cheeks.

Y/N too was actually in love with Kunimi but.

Y/N: A...kira... I'm sorry... I don't feel the same...

Y/N was afraid if their relationship didn't end well, they would be distant, so that's why she lied.

Afraid of Kunimi's response, she shut her eyes close. But, a big hand is patting her head, and Y/N looks up only to see the smiling Kunimi.

Akira: it's okay... I just want you to know... come on let's go...

Y/N could feel a tug in her heart as she sees Kunimi's broad shoulder. She suddenly regrets not telling him the truth. But she's too shy to suddenly tell him. She plans on telling him later on.

And the two walk home.

_________________________________________

■Kunimi's POV■

It's been a month since I confessed my feeling to Y/N. That day I just feel like telling her what I've been feeling inside. Well we're about to graduate high school and I'm afraid she might follow her dad to another city, that's why I blurted it out that day.

People tend to say I'm expressionless or feeling less, well that's not entirely wrong. But, when it's about Y/N, it's different. A sweet girl like her stays around a boring guy like me, I just love seeing her.

Right now Y/N is at her father's place in Tokyo, we just graduated last week and she's having a vacation there. Thank god she said she would be studying at a university here in Miyagi, I'll attend the same university. Even though she rejected me, I'm just happy to still be able to see her.

I'm walking with Kindaichi right now, we've just hung out with some of our former teammates.

Suddenly something caught my eyes, a kid was chasing a ball that rolls into the road, and there's a car moving. Instinctively I jump on the road, pushing the kid aside. The last thing that I saw is the face of the shocked kid and I heard Kindaichi shout.

Kindaichi: KUNIMIII!!!

Then everything went so fast. I can't feel my body, my vision is blurry. A flash of Y/N's face pops up in my head. I want to see her. She's a crybaby, she'll definitely cry if I don't wake up. But, my eyes feel so heavy.

I want to see her

■Y/N's POV■

I just arrived at my father's home in Tokyo after buying some gifts for Akira and his family. The Kunimi, always help me around ever since mom died and dad started working here in Tokyo.

I look at one of the paper bags. Inside is a jacket that I bought for Akira, he'll definitely look good with this.

Suddenly dad came into my room and he looks a little pale.

Y/N: daddy?

Y/N's dad: sweety... your phone? Is it drained?

I look at my phone inside my bag, and yes it's totally drained. Dad comes closer and sits in front of me. Why the look on his face making me uneasy.

Y/N: Daddy? What's wrong?

Y/N's dad: Y/N... I want you to stay calm okay...

Dad places both hands on my shoulder.

Y/N's dad: I... got a call from (Kunimi's dad) san

Y/N: Akira's father?

Why does daddy look like this, what happened?

Y/N's dad: Y/N... Akira was caught in an accident...

I was stunned when I heard the news, my body is shaking, I'm so worried. I can feel my eyes are wet.

Y/N: no... No! Why, how's that happen? I want to go back to Miyagi now daddy...

Y/N's dad: Y/N calm down... listen

Y/N: in which hospital is he in? Is he alright? Is he-

Suddenly dad pulls me into his arms and hugs me tightly.

Y/N: dad.. daddy?

Y/N's dad: Akira... didn't make it....

Huh?

I push my dad away, can't believe what he just said.

Y/N: wh- how cou... why did you say that daddy? Akira.. Akira is going to be just fine... right? We're going to start studying at the University of Miyagi in a few months... I... Akira

Tears start falling from my eyes. It's not true, right?

Y/N's dad: Y/N...

Y/N: no... Akira... no... no it can't be... I... noooo

I can't hold it anymore. My dad hugs me, rubbing my back and telling me to calm down.

No, Akira, I want to see him. He should have still there when I'm back. I haven't apologized for lying.

Today my world's crumbling

As my heart is broken

And I was left with regrets