Ch.2 Chances

■3rd Person POV■

The funeral house is pretty packed with Kunimi's family and friends. Some of the former Aoba Johsai volleyball team members are also present.

Matsukawa: I... can't believe I'm holding a funeral for him... damn Kunimi....

Kindaichi, Matsukawa, Hanamaki, Iwaizumi, and some other Aoba Johsai members and former members are gathering in one spot, talking about the loss of their friends. Coach Irihata also present, the only one who doesn't is Oikawa because he is in Argentina, but he made a call through Iwaizumi.

Kageyama and some of the Karasuno former members also came for a visit.

Someone caught the attention of Kindaichi and the others. Y/N arrives with her dad, eyes are puffy and her face looks so pale.

Iwaizumi: it must be hard for L/N, she'd been friends with Kunimi since they're little...

Kindaichi: yes... she might feel as hurt as Kunimi's family...

When Y/N and her father step in the room, Kunimi's sister looks up at them and her eyes meet Y/N's. On her way here, she's refusing the news, she can't believe that Kunimi is dead. But, after seeing the face of his sister and family member, Y/N could feel that her body is trembling. Kunimi's sister sees how Y/N's body trembles, so she approaches her, along with Kunimi's mother and father.

Kunimi's dad: thank you for coming L/N... you're in Tokyo until yesterday...

Y/N's dad: sorry for your loss

The fathers hug each other. Kunimi's mother and sister come closer to Y/N and both hold each of her hands.

Kunimi's sister: wants to see him for the last time?

Y/N feels something pierced her heart. It's painful.

The three walk to the casket, but before they even reach it. Y/N saw the photo of Kunimi displayed on the altar.

She can't accept this, it's too much for her. She turns on her heels and runs out of the funeral home.

Y/N's dad: Y/N!

Kunimi's sister: Y/N chan!

Y/N runs, being watched by everyone present at the funeral house but she doesn't care. That place makes it hard for her to breathe. The sight of Kunimi's photo, made her heart clenches painfully.

Y/N walks into her house and gets inside her room, she walks to her desk where there's a photo of her and Kunimi taken just last week on their graduation day.

Y/N: A...kira... Akira no....

Y/N leaning her back on the wall, knees are pressed to her chest, as she clutches the photo tightly. She cries until she fell asleep.

■Y/N's POV■

I hear the sound of my door closed, I thought it was dad, but when I look up, it's Akira's mother. Why is she here? I look up at the clock and it's already this late, maybe it's already done.

Y/N: (Kunimi's mom) san... I...

Kunimi's mom: it's okay honey... you're always with him since you two were born... I... know you lose him as much as I did.

I can feel my eyes start to water again.

Kunimi's mom: please... don't mourn him for too long... Akira... wouldn't want you to be sad Y/N...

Y/N: I.... I'm sorry... I lied to him... I told him I don't feel the same.... I... Akira...

Akira's mom hugs me and we both cried in each other's arms, trying to soothe our loss.