Ch.3 Fear

■3rd Person POV■

 Y/N and Kunimi have been together for three weeks. During all these times, Kunimi senses that Y/N is always clinging to him. Not that he dislikes it, he loves it, but it's just, Y/N looks like she was afraid of something, especially whenever they're walking on the road and about to cross the road. Y/N always makes sure that Kunimi is alright as if she's afraid that something will happen to him.

Kunimi is sitting with Kindaichi at the gym bleachers right now, the two just finished their final exam and decided to stop by at the gym. Kunimi told Kindaichi about how Y/N treated him.

Kindaichi: well, doesn't it mean that she just loves you that much? ugh, I'm annoyed when talking about romance and stuff...

Kunimi: I believe in her feelings... it's just... I'm sure her feelings have nothing to do with how she acts like that... it's like... fear...

Kindaichi watches as Kunimi stares at the empty court, and then he too averts his gaze to the court. It's rare for Kunimi to talk this much, meaning he's actually concerned.

Kindaichi: ask her about it then...

Kunimi sigh and think about it again and decided to ask her about it later. 

Y/N just finish attending the farewell party her juniors from the literature club held for her and her friends. She then immediately heads to the gym, because she knows Kunimi will wait in there along with Kindaichi. She peeks inside and sees Kunimi and Kindaichi sitting on the bleachers, the two wave their hand at her.

The three friends walk together until Kindaichi has to partway, leaving Kunimi and Y/N. On one of the roads, there's a car heading in their opposite direction at a slow pace. Suddenly Kunimi was being pulled by Y/N to walk further to the sideline, while Y/N was making sure that they're far from the car. This was finally making Kunimi frustrated as it was weird for a girl to be walking on that side.

Kunimi: Y/N...

Y/N: yes?

Kunimi looks at Y/N's innocent sweet face, he could never get angry or be pissed by her, but he really needs to ask her about it.

Kunimi: I'm stopping by your place...

Y/N: okay! I'll make dinner for us...

The two continue their walk home.

■Kunimi's POV■

We just arrived at her house, Y/N lives alone because her dad works in Tokyo. Her mother died when she was five. We head to her room and she places her bag on her desk. She opens her dresser and pulls out a pair of clothes, I left some of my clothes here too because I tend to sleep over even before we became a thing. 

Y/N: Akira, you can go change here, I'll go to the bathroom and make dinner...

Before she left the room, I catch her arm making her look back at me.