- 26 -

It took a while for all of us to cool down. Brandon and Peter made the plan they were going to go grab Brandon's stuff now since his parents wouldn't be home until later that night. 

They quickly ran down the stairs and made their way to the front door. As we were walking down the stairs following them, I called, "Hey mom can we talk real quick?" 

"Of course sweet what's up?" She asked as she stopped walking. The girls were still walking down the stairs talking to the boys. 

"About the Brandon thing I jus-" I started to say but I was interupted. 

"Shit, Gwen, if that wasn't okay with you I don't want to make anything weird for your friendship I just hate seeing you guys so hurt about all of this."

"No, mom, that's the thing. I wanted to thank you for doing that." I said looking back down the stairs seeing Brandon laughing. "We hated seeing him like that and he didn't want to be there anymore." 

"Your friends are like my own children, Gwen." She said with a smile. 

"Is that supposed to be positive or negative?" I asked with a playful smile. 

"Yes." She said making me laugh. 

"Dad said he will be over in about 10. He got a late start." Caroline said making mom nod her head. With everything going on with Brandon, I almost completely forgot about Caroline's dad coming over. At the moment, I forgot why we were even having him over. 

"Right yeah okay."

"Eh, Car, why is your dad coming over?" Brandon asked. Shit. We haven't told the boys about what happened in the field. Caroline stood there for a moment not wanting to be the person to speak first. 

"Gweny?" Peter called to me. I looked over at him to see Brandon and him staring at me. 

"You guys remember the field?" I asked. They nodded their heads. They didn't go there as much as us, and if they did they went with us. "Someone was watching us there." I said making their eyes go wide. 

"Watching you?" Brandon asked.

"Lia saw them first." 

"Yeah it's true." Lia says, "It was someone wearing a dark hoodie and they were just standing there looking over at us. 

"Did you recognize them?" Brandon asked. 

"No, Brandon, I didn't." She said, "They didn't look like they were doing anything though." She added. 

'What do you mean?" Peter asked. 

"I mean they didn't have a phone out, they weren't moving, they were just standing there watching us like some fucking weirdo!" She yelled out, making Caroline pat her back in a way to try and calm her. 

"How did they know you guys were there?" Brandon asked. "I mean, no where really ever goes down the path to get there anyways." It was true no one really did. 

"They had to of been following you guys from somewhere." Peter said shaking his head, "Did you guys go anywhere where someone might of seen you guys hanging out?" 

I nodded my head, "Uh yeah we went to Sonic." 

"That's it." Brandon sighed.

"You guys should probably go and get back soon." My mom said breaking the silence we were swimming in. Brandon and Peter nodded their heads. "And Peter?" She called.

"Yes Mrs. L?" He asked turning back around. 

"You can stay as well if you'd like. I'll call your parents if I need to." She said. Peter nodded his head and we all waved a quick goodbye.