2~ 夢

Here's Sam's theme song! Fun fact: this chapter's name is Japanese for "dreams" and it's pronounced as "yume"! Idk I just thought I'd use my knowledge of things like this for this story-

***

X. Her name was X. At least, that was what she called herself. The newest X-Event. Her goal: live out her father's sadistic need for a perfect universe. Perfect, every one in XTale had to be perfect

~

Sam sat on the branch of a tree, drawing something in their sketchbook as Dream, their adoptive father, cooked dinner. On the fridge were about 10 beautifully drawn pictures of...anime fanart. Dream liked watching anime with Sam, it was something they connected over. Dream was doing a great job at raising them, keeping them up to date on all the school subjects they liked, which were English and History. 

"Sam! Dinner!" He called to the field that served as the backyard to their house. Sam climbed their way back down the tree and ran through the field to their small house. Tonight's dinner was sushi. How is it possible for them to be so unconcerned? Did they not know XTale was back? Did they ever think about XTale anymore?

"Hey dad? I was wondering, can we go to XTale?" Sam asked their dad.

"Well sure, but why would you want to do that?" He replied.

"I feel something in my soul, it's telling me to go back." They replied, not knowing how their dad would react. 

~

"XTale's...back...?" Sam asked themself, walking around the closest city. It was just like before, it was "perfect". 

You were walking around Ebbot city with Chara, getting groceries to make dinner. People looked at you strangely, since you were physically 15 again, and Yasi was no where to be found. It worried you, a lot actually. You saw a familiar androgynous 13 year old with purple hair and a non-binary pride flag hoodie. Sam. You ran up to them, trying to explain what happened to you.

"Who did this?" They asked you. 

"That's the problem, we don't know." Chara replied. 

"We gotta figure this out, I'll start magic tracing!" Sam said, most likely not knowing the complexity of magic tracing. Magic tracing is when someone tracks the use of magic, and once they find the magic they're looking for, they can pinpoint the location of the soul they're looking for. You had to find out who did this.