24 preparations for interhigh

[ 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇  ]

[ 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 ]

[ 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇  ]

time skip
interhigh coming up

school wasnt half bad actually. all that you did on those boring days where nothing happened was just take a few notes in class and just listen to the lectures that teachers gave about the lessons.

your classes were boring however and sometimes you just doodled in class. you had a pop quiz a couple of times in your classes but you managed to pass them somehow.

all you were proud about is that you actually passed them. your grades overall so far werent that bad in your opinion. you were trying to stay on top of your homework and normally when projects were given out to your class, you'd finish them somewhat faster than your other classmates.

although you might've not gotten a perfect score on everything, it was good enough for you and it at least satisfied you so you weren't too stressed about your grades at the least. you also made a couple more friends in your class even though they're more like acquaintances, but at the least you had a few people you could just talk to.

the volleyball team was doing pretty well too. interhigh was coming up soon and everybody was really trying to practice and try their hardest before the day came. of course majority of the team was confident that they'd win at interhigh and make it to nationals but some people still were worried about it. including coach yamiji.

it wasn't like he was doubting the team itself, but more like just overestimating the other teams just to make sure that nobody slacks off, even as a powerhouse school.

as your school day came to an end, you started to gather all of your things and put them into your bag before walking out of your classroom and slowly heading to the gym while looking down at your phone.

while doing this you bumped your shoulder into somebody, you looked up and quickly apologized before realizing that you bumped into akaashi.

"oh wait, hi akaashi! sorry about that i wasnt really looking at where i was going" you apologized again.

"no youre good, i bump into people sometimes too" he responded.

"still. by the way are you heading to the gym now?" you asked.

"yeah im about to, what about you?" he questioned.

"i mean yeah i am but i was just gonna walk slowly since there's still a lot of time left" you replied.

"ah okay, well do you wanna just walk over to the gym together?" he asked.

"i mean sure, do you have to get anything?"

"yeah, i just have to drop off some papers at the teachers lounge and then we can head over to the gym" he explained.

"alright, i can help you hold the papers if there's a lot" you said.

"no it's okay, there's not that many, you can just wait here i'll be back soon anyways." he stated.

"alright, ill just wait here then" you replied.

-

after akaashi came back you two were just slowly walking over to the gym. there was still around 8 minutes before practice shouldve actually started but most of the time everyone still shows up before the club is actually supposed to start.

you and akaashi just talked about school and how its been going for you both. your teachers, classmates, assignments, projects, basically everything.

as you two kept on talking you finally ended up right in front of the gym. yet you didnt even realize until akaashi pointed it out.

"we're here" he said.

you stopped talking before looking at the enterance of the gym.

"oh wow that took a lot less time than i expected" you replied.

"well it's not like we were that far away from the gym to begin with" he pointed out.

"okay mr. smarty pants." you responded before finally walking into the gym.

you saw a good amount of people already changed into their uniforms but most of them were talking to each other, not practicing.

the other managers were there too, yukie noticed you first and waved at you, which made kaori look back and she waved at you too. you waved and started to walk towards them.

"hi! you two got here pretty early" you greeted.

"i was actually the first one here! kinda cool in my opinion," kaori said.

"i dont think i got here early, dont i normally come around this time?" yukie asked.

"uh i dont know, maybe?" you responded.

"we should go prepare the water bottles and towels for now" yukie brought up.

"oh, yeah that's a good idea," you said before the 3 of you headed out to fill the water bottles and get the towels ready, you also got some clipboards and a couple pencils to write down anything that should be noted during practice.

as more time passed coach yamiji entered the gym at the exact time when the club meeting was actually supposed to start.

since everybody was already there and ready they just started with warm ups right away. after some time coach yamiji then explained what they were going to do for practice today and went over things with everybody.

it was clear that everybody was trying their best and nobody was slacking off, everyone was putting in all of their effort into these practices. you were happy and confident that you'd all win at interhigh and make it to nationals.