Chapter 4.

•~~~•

«[ S P E N C E R C O L L I N S ]»

•~~~•

I groaned at the sound of the mocking alarm on the side table. I tried stuffing my sleepy face in to the pillow before finally realising that I have to get up. I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes reluctantly.

6:30 a.m. the clock read. Running my fingers through my hair for the very last time, I got up to refresh myself in the bathroom. I took a long cold shower and stepped out.

With a towel hanging loosely by my waist, I started preparing my breakfast. I had some chicken stuffing from last night in the refrigerator so I heated it up and made a bread sandwich. Without bothering to take a plate out, I just started eating it directly from the pan. After washing the two used utensils I made my way to the room to finally get dressed up for my first working day at the Stones company.

I put up the dark charcoal shade suit with a matching tie. Blew my hair with the drier and brushed it gently. Putting a bit of hair gel on the end tips of my unruly hair I looked at my reflection. Neat.

7:06 a.m. On time. I murmured. Glancing at my reflection for the last time I huffed with satisfaction and tugged the lapels of the suit coat and went to put my socks and office shoes. Taking my wallet, car keys and the other necessary items and papers required for the first day at work, I made it out of my apartment door and took the elevator down after locking out.

As I hit the busy traffic of New York, my thoughts travelled to the other day's conversation with James and Tony. James was utterly scared of the whole situation. Later we went to the hospital for check up in case some of the drugs that still lingered within him. On the other hand Tony took care of the two abusers from the club pressed severe charges and he is still investigating on how the camera couldn't detect the whole scene happening. The police was involved but thankfully my cousin had it in control. The couple went home last night after dinner at my place. They needed some alone time too. The doctor had advised that he may feel the after shock of the whole thing and suggested to see a professional in such case, though the chances are very low because I was there before anything major happened. Tony still feels guilty about that but James and I assured him on it.

By the time I reached the company it was 7:52 a.m. I was early. I parked the car and went through the glass doors after the security checking. I walked up to the reception and found the same woman sitting. Rylee.

"Rylee hi! Good morning!" I greeted.

"Uh... yes? How may I help you sir?" Her eyes snapped up.

"I got the job as the P.A?" I questioned the statement purposely showed him the acceptance letter that I got the other day.

"Oh right yes, I was waiting for your arrival, wait a second sir." She smiled broadly and picked up the phone at the same time.

"Mr. Stones is sending his present assistant to guide you. Do you mind waiting for a moment, sir?" She asked after she hung up.

"No no it's fine, and call me Spencer." I replied.

"Nice to meet you Spencer." She greeted back.

Soon a lady came into my vision and I vaguely remember her as the sweet lady from the boss' floor. She came right in front of me.