i. the light of my life

EXPERIENCE
- LUDOVICO EINAUDI

EXPERIENCE - LUDOVICO EINAUDI

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"angel?"

celestria russo resided in front the grand piano in her home shared with her father, her fingers dancing across the keys as if the script was imprinted in the teenager's memory. billy stepped into the loft's parlor with a glass of bourbon in hand as he leaned his frame against the doorframe with his gaze studying his child intently.

the father held a nostalgic expression across his features, his gaze flickering towards the painting hanging above the fireplace of the woman who lingered in his dreams. the one who's death shattered his heart in more ways than one, further than any other ever had the chance to.

it was a painting their child created the year before in the middle of her grief during the anniversary of roslyn bryant's death. the tragedy resulted in utter devastation for the family, leaving their bond of father and daughter to intensify considerably.

because one another was the only family either had left in the world.

"she would've loved it, you know?"

the room fell eerily silent once celestria's hands returned to her lap. her head bowed, billy's words pondering in her thoughts for a passing moment. "i don't believe the saying 'time heals everything' because everyday, it just— it hurts more."

billy could physically feel his chest ache listening to celestria's voice crack ever so slightly. the man made his way to sit beside her in front of the piano, his arm traveling around her shoulders. the teenager allowed her head to fall against her father's chest as her vision became blurred, yet celestria refused to let them fall.

"i know, angel." there was a kiss pressed to the top of his daughter's head before letting his chin rest in it's place. "i know."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

celestria russo had experienced more loss in her life than most around her. it was an overwhelming heartache, one she was sure would follow her for the rest of her time on earth. everyday was more difficult than the last because her memories with the ones lost grew considerably blurred with every moment that passed. it was as if they was slipping from her fingers. a constant reminder there'd never be more memories to be made.

"celestria?"

the teenager nearly flinched at the sound of her father's voice. the girl in question cut her eyes from the picture frames littering her nightstand to find billy's gaze from her bedroom doorway.