iii. guess that makes us the lucky ones

ALL I WANTED
- DAUGHTER

ALL I WANTED - DAUGHTER

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

celestria russo hadn't spoken a word to her father since the car ride the night prior. the teenager became very vague in any conversation started, the fact amusing billy due to the lengths celestria was willing to go. it only reminder the man of his late wife, for there wasn't a doubt celestria carried her mother's stubbornness.

"angel?"

celestria remained sprawled out across the couch with her nose stuck in a book. at the call of her name, the girl didn't bother to glance to meet billy's eye. "yes, dad?"

"if i take you by curtis', will you accept my apology?" billy tilted his head studiously towards his daughter, searching for any source of a reaction in her features. "call it a deal?"

celestria finally turned her head in order to meet his gaze. after a fleeting moment, the teenager allowed the smile to tug at her lips. "deal."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"shh."

billy and his daughter made their way into st. john's evangelical lutheran church where curtis held his daily counseling meeting for veterans. it was a dream he shared with roslyn bryant once upon a time. a dream they'd created during their time serving side by side.

celestria had to sniffle a laugh as she and billy remained utterly silent once they reached the doorway of the room curtis occupied. the man walked back and forth to set everything up for the ones to join a meeting later that day, completely oblivious to the russos presences until he caught sight with the corner of his eye.

"why you two gotta he so quiet? like damn cats."

celestria allowed the beaming smile to form across her lips before she was rushing in the room to finally greet the man. celestria practically threw herself into curtis' arms, the later returning the gesture without a hint of hesitation. once curtis pulled away successfully, his gaze found hers with a look of nostalgia contorted in his features.

"i could tie bells around our neck or something, if that'd help you out." billy followed after his daughter with a lingering smile being able to witness the pure peace across celestria's expression.

curtis simply chuckled in response as celestria opted to standing between the men to allow her father the chance to greet his dear friend. "yeah, you do that."

"uncle curt, may i?" celestria hummed as she motioned towards the coffee he'd finished brewing for his meeting.

"of course. it's fresh-brewed." curtis didn't waste a second in giving the teenager full reign over the coffee station before turning to her father. his eye flickered to the wedding ring remaining dangling on top of billy's maroon tie. "you, bill?"