ii. one who comes from god

WHERE IS MY MIND?
- PIXIES

WHERE IS MY MIND? - PIXIES

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"it's nice to meet you, miss madani."

"please, call me dinah." the homeland security agent returned the gentle handshake of the russo girl with a friendly grin gracing her features. "you must be celestria."

"your name is from hebrew origin." celestria studied the woman as her fingers tapped against the counter of the bar. there was a letter X drawn across her hand to inform the bartenders she was indeed under the legal drinking age. "it means something along the lines of judged or vindicated."

dinah madani seemed genuinely taken back by the teenager's quick response, sending billy a short look as if to question whether or not her name had been shared prior to which she received a shake of his head. "and yours?"

"one who comes from god." celestria leaned back into her chair with a grin near replica of her father's. "i have a thing for names."

"well, it's awfully impressive." dinah nodded towards celestria while her gaze flicked to billy who watched with an amused look across his face. "it suits you."

in response, celestria's smile only escalated. the russo's knew her words were directed towards the nickname angel billy and the late roslyn bryant had used since before their daughter was born into the world. once celestria made her debut into their lives, she spent everyday proving herself to the name without much effort into the act.

dinah took a quick sip of her beer before motioning around the bar filled with everyday working-class citizens. "this is where you bring a girl when you're trying to impress her?"

"this is where i bring a girl when she's gonna see through all that," billy held his own beer in hand as he countered the woman's words. "but celestria actually chose tonight."

"looks can be deceiving, miss dinah." celestria didn't bother to mention the place had been a regular spot for the family of two due to the history rooting back to roslyn bryant. "i'm sure you're well aware of that."

"you're very correct, one who comes from god." dinah mirrored the smile that formed across the teenager's face once she repeated her prior words. the agent's gaze, however, was pulled by the shot glasses to be slid across the counter. "the last time i saw glasses this dirty, i was in the nco's mess at bagram, saying my farewells to afghanistan."

"sounds like you miss it."

"i had unfinished business." dinah's demeanor seemed to falter ever so slightly in her response to billy.