21 | Moonlight

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Kuza asked as he was walking out of the kitchen.

"What's up?"

"I haven't seen you in a while. I missed you." He said, hugging me.

"I know. I'm sorry. I've been really busy."

"Why don't you come hang out with me for a while?" He suggested. "I could use the company."

I probably shouldn't leave Ash alone for a while longer but she'll probably be fine. "Alright. Yeah. That sounds like a good idea."

I followed Kuza up to his room, sitting down on the bed. He shut the door and I looked around the room.

"I haven't been here in years." I mumbled.

"It took a lot to get used to you not being here. It's always been too quiet without you."

I laughed. He sat on the bed beside me and put his head on my shoulder.

"How's your hand?" He asked, touching my wrist.

I shrugged. "Can't really use it but I've gotten used to it."

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I was stupid."

"It's fine. I don't blame you. The hand was broken anyway." I told him, remembering what I'd been told about the car, years ago, while Chris and I were held captive. "The accident wasn't your fault. The brakes had been cut."

"What?"

"I never got a chance to tell you, with everything that happened, but remember when Chris and I went missing?"

He nodded.

"Well, I was told that you and I weren't meant to be in the car. Chris was supposed to be driving. The brake lines had been cut. Chris was supposed to die in that car."

"Jesus christ." He said. "That makes me feel a little less stupid, but shit..."

I nodded.

"Do you regret it?" He asked after a long silence.

"Regret what?"

"Getting involved with Chris, and all this shit?"

I sighed. "I did. Not anymore though...I used to hate all of you. Chris especially. But I realized that if it hadn't been for you guys, for Chris, I wouldn't be who I am today. I'd still be selling my body to barely survive, giving you every penny I had, and then some, for a fix. I don't regret it at all."

He nodded and leaned back on the bed. He reached into the nightstand drawer. He pulled a few things out and sat back up. "Speaking of fixes..."

He had a small case. He opened it up and I watched him empty it out. He emptied the bag of coke onto the mirror before looking over at me sighed.

"Shit, sorry. I forgot you stopped."

"It's fine. I don't mind it."

"Do you want some?"

I looked at it for a moment. "Fuck it. Why not?"

"Shit, after this stuff with Chris, you deserve it." He cut it up and put it into lines. He grabbed the pipe and did one of the lines before handing it to me.

"You gonna be okay?"

I nodded. "I'll be fine."

I picked up the pipe and copied his actions. I handed it back and leaned back on the bed. It started to take effect quickly. I hadn't used anything in a few years. But it's been an interesting day, so I think I deserved that little bit of relaxation. It's not like I have to get addicted again.