18 | Freakshow

"This time, I'll do the job right."

"No." I choked, digging my nails in and trying to pry his hands away.

"You should have died a long fucking time ago, you little insignificant fucking stain." He growled.

I tried to kick him but it was no use. He was bigger and stronger than I was.

"G-Get off of-"

I was cut off when he suddenly slammed my head into the ground. I was dazed for a moment, giving him the chance to flip me over and cuff my hands behind my back.

"Stop fighting it." He growled. I gasped for air, unable to do anything else.

"Ricky!" I heard through the door. "Are you done yet? I just heard someone talking about a missing cop at the 7/11 down the road. You gotta hurry."

He looked up at the door.

"Tell him that you'll be done in a few."

When I didn't respond, he grabbed my hair. I could yell to Jinxx to help me, but in the time it would take him to get to me, he could grab the gun off the table and kill me. I'm not sure that he's even noticed the weapons, but it's a chance I'm going to have to take. I won't let him do this again. I have to finish this.

"Tell him."

"Jinxx..." I started. "Help me!"

Before he could act, I heard the door open. Within seconds, he was off of me and on the floor. Jinxx kicked him in the head, holding a gun on him. "Don't fucking move."

I managed to pull myself to my feet. "Where are the keys for the cuffs?"

"In my back pocket." He said, reaching behind him and pulling them out, not looking away from him.

He sat on the floor in the corner of the room, his hands held up. Blood dripped down the side of his face, staining his shirt.

I unlocked the cuffs and dropped them to the floor. I took the gun from Jinxx, grabbed a silencer from the table and aimed it at his head. "You almost killed me once. Did you really think I'd let you get that close again?"

"If you kill me, it'll be tied to you. They'll figure it out. You'll go to prison."

I laughed. "How are they going to tie it to me? I don't fucking exist. How can they tie a murder to a ghost?"

I didn't let him answer. I pulled the trigger. He fell back against the wall, blood dripping down his forehead. He was dead.

It's done.

I'm finally free.

"How did that happen?" Jinxx asked. "He was in the chair when I left."

"He got out of the cuffs and attacked me." I told him, rubbing my throat. I glanced at the mirror, seeing the dark red hand prints around my throat. That was definitely going to bruise.

Just then, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket. "Yeah?"

"Ricky? Where are you? You have to get home."

It was Ashley.

"I'm in Miami, Ash. You know this."

"Shit, yeah. Well you need to get home. We have a situation."

"...What kind if situation?"

"Cops."

"What? Why?"

"Turn on the news."

I looked over at Jinxx and pointed at the television. "Turn on the news."