Chapter 2

I woke up from the cozy couch in the attic. I decided to let Gemma and Blake have the bed. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen I saw this crossbow sitting on the table. I walked over to it and took a look I thought I was alone turns out I wasn't
" nice isn't it" this husky voice comes out of no where
I jump out of my skin I turn around to see this tan muscular man standing there in a red flannel shirt with black baggy jeans. Sipping coffee and leaning against the bench
Oh shit I just realised I've been staring I gotta act cool alright here I go.
" yeah nice weaponry" I said with slight smile.
" you always this awkward or just when your scared or nervous" he said with a serious face I couldn't read his expression
" um yeah I guess I'm nervous I'm only use to it being the Greene family here now it's just a lot more crowded" I said while walking over to grab a coffee.

DARRYL POVS::
I don't know what it is about this girl but since the first time she hopped out of that blue pickup truck I knew this girl would be the death of me.
The way her long brown flows down her back and her piercing hazel brown orbs shine In the morning sun. The way her dark blue flannel shirt vest fits her perfectly.
Oh suit now I'm staring at her her eyes are piercing my blue orbs I feel like I should say
" so come here offen" I placed my hand on the counter only to realise it's wet my hand slipped off the counter and I fell to the floor with a thump.
Ahhhhh I just mentally had to bit my own ars ahhh
" yeah I like the farm animals" she says while giggling and walking out the kitchen.
She has the prettiest smile and giggle she walked out.
I got up from the floor and walked over to the sink.
as i stood up and walked over tot he corner of the counter i heard arguing coming from outside the voices sounded familar.
i walk out side to see shane and Ariana at each others throat.
"YOU NEED TO BACK OFF BEFORE YOU GET HURT LITTLE GIRL!!" shane said with a dirt smirk on his face but ager and a murderous look in his eyes.
" little girl LITTLE GIRL!! I COULD WHOOP OUR ARSS SHANE AND YOU KNOW IT THATS WHY YOU WANT ME TO BACK OFF BECAUSE YOUR SCARED!"how could sh think she could take him he was like twice her size thats when it happened he struck her pretty little face i went to step in but arian looked at me and shook her head. why didn't she want me to help? she could get seriously hurt.
" thats right get your boyfriend to step in get him to hold your hand! you are weak and pathetic, you dirty little slut" he said as he walked away.
" HEY I'm not through with you" she yelled at shane shane turned around just in time to have her fist collide with his face. as he fell to the ground.he got up and went to hit her again his left hand balled in a fist but she dodged and collided her left leg with his shin. he bent down to hold it as he did she lifted her to his face so hard i herd the brake of the nose. by now everyone had gathered around us.
" you may of been a police officer but i was dedicated my job' "
" what was that washing duty or strip club he said with a chuckle kneeling on his knee s"

wrong i was taught honour obedience and trust also' only thing you should feel when you shot your enemy is the recoil from your shotgun' that is what the marines taught us but you shane you shot otis then had the balls to come back and tell everyone he died a hero you know what he was a hero in my eyes because he left this house knowing thar there was a chance he wouldn't come back he did that for carl so he could save a live but you shane ... you shot him didn't you, did you even put him out of his misery or leave him there like a worthless piece of trash that you are not Ottis" then she punched him clean in the face and knocked him out. i didn't know she was in the marines.

ARINANA POV
i punched him so hard he fell to the ground unconscious
i turned around and saw everyone looking at me luckily Patricia wasn't there.
" i didn't know you were int he marines!"glenna said a bit shocked.
" yep actually i was the first ever full commander 8 years and 9 months when the apocalypse started"
everyone looked shocked.
"anything else your not telling us" Andrea said like the annoying bitch she is.
"actually yea i was also in the battle on the ground in the airforce for fours years"
i walked away quickly with my head held high i knew someone followed me because i heard trying to catch up to me.
" hey what up" it was darryl which i was shocked at
" what do ya want Daryl" i asked a s kind as i could.
"i just wanted to know how old you are" he asked curiously.
" im 26 why do you ask" i asked smirking at him
" so you joined the air force young?"
"ye as soon as i graduated high school at the age of 17!"
" why did you join the airforce in the first place?"
" i needed a distraction"oh shit i didn't mean to say that now he is going to ask from what.
" from what" i knew it i knew he would ask
" from my family from my life from the world" i said looking down at my combat boots
" why what happened you can me i wont tell anyone i promise"
"alright...my father was just diagnosed with three different cancers and was told he wouldn't last the night surely enough he lasted two nights died on the night of my 16th birthday.. about two weeks later my brother was in a horrible car accident died on impact. and it was my fault. we were driving home when the truck hit his ute with him and me in it his side got hit then my side got rammed it should of been me that died not him he was a good man and didn't deserve that."
" Ariana he wouldn't want to think like that i didn't know him but if you he was a good man he as and i know he would want you to hold you head up high and push on. is there anything else?"
" thanks but yea i don't wanna bother you with anymore"
i said walking away suddenly this hand grabbed my wrist. i turned to see Daryl
" i wanna hear it "
" this one daryl is my fault completely.. it was the night of my 17th and i was driving home with my niece ,mum sam my brother and my two sisters. we were on the freeway driving to Melbourne to celebrate but not so much because it was the one year anniversary of dads death. we were driving when this car pulled out of nowhere and rammed us again and again i lost control of the car and swerved of the road our car tumbled and fell into the river it was sickening because it was hanging to the ledge of the bay but my mum and niece got out but when my sisters and brother where getting out of the vehicle it tipped sending them down to the bottom of the river i jumped in to try and pull them out but when i got there metal was spiked through my sisters legs arms and head my brother was iservierly bleeding from the head but he was stuck because them impact on the car shattered it. i had to see my three siblings dead bodies because i didn't know how to drive i was contemplating staying down when i saw someone move it was sam i swam to the car slightly losing conciseness but when i reached it adrenaline pumped through my veins i grabbed him by his hand and pulled him to the shore when i reached there i told mum to hide ciaras face because I'm bringing up my sisters bodies i didn't want to leave them there like they weren't worthy or something i bought them up to the shore and the ambulance arrived sad it was to alate for my sisters but my brother might have a chance on the way to the hospital he died. two weeks later my mum committed suicide.. i guess she couldn't take it"
" holy shit Ariana I'm sos so sorry about your birthday and those horrible accidents that occurred with them .!! but what happened to Ciara? f you don't mind me asking?"
" i lost her to. the start of the apocalypse i don't know if she is dead or alive but i will find her even if she is a corpse and i will be her protector or her destroyer."
" and i will help you we will find her i promise you."