Community

There are so many different platforms and people out there willing to help you if you only know where to look, and have the courage to ask.

1. Wattpad

If you write on Wattpad, it only makes sense to use the community as best you can. If your readers are on Wattpad, give them incentives to read like:

- bonus chapters

- samples of new works

- sneak peeks of chapters to come

And not only that, but make some friends! Admittedly, it can sometimes be difficult, and it's easy to come across the wrong way when messaging other authors, but just commenting and messaging author's with genuine messages about how much you enjoy their works can spark a friendship.

2. Instagram

If you're willing to put in the work, there is a huge demographic for authors and readers alike on Instagram, and it's easy to find them with hashtags. The thing is, if you don't have quality content, people most likely won't follow back. Here are some book-themed accounts that you can make:

- bookstagram

- review account

- blog

- author account(usually needs a pre-existing following)

3. Facebook

Facebook is an amazing resource because of how many people have it. I don't often post on Facebook, but I use it for the Writer's Groups that can have upwards of 300K members, all asking and answering questions. Getting not one, but sometimes thousands of responses to your questions is so valuable, and I take full advantage. It's also a great way to boost other writers and make friends.

(links in comments)

Creative Writing (140K+ members)

Authors and Writers Helping Each Other Grow (41K+ members)

Writers Helping Writers (277K+ members)

4. Twitter

Twitter is a great place to find and easily talk to other writers on similar paths as you, and people don't even need to be following you to see your tweets, which is a great tool to get things out there.

Twitter also has groups and lists that you can create or be added to which should be taken advantage of.

5. Discord

Discord is an easy chat app that allows you to create channels and categories to sort different topics and conversations, and there are tons of Wattpad/Writing ones that you can easily join and participate in. Many of these also have options dedicated to sharing/self-promoting your works.

(links in comments)

Welcome To Greenville

Spilling Ink

Watt-A-Web