Chapter twelve

I'm so sorry for being inactive recently, there's been a lot going on with my family, and I've been very unmotivated. My mental state really isnt the best, so there may be less frequent updates for a bit. With that being said, here's chapter twelve, I hope you like it!

George POV~~

Doctors. Swarms of white coated tests run along my body until I feel frail and near breaking. I want my mom, I want to remember. I want to know who that man was. His green hoodie lingers in my mind a moment too long. I feel like I should know him, if the hurt and confused look he wore as he was ushered out of my room was any indication.

I don't remember anything about my life, not even my own name until I'm reminded. Did I have a dad? I don't know, but I want to go home. I had a home, right?

Thought shiver around my head between mind-numbing tests. They want to know what I remember, and why so much is forgotten. I'm going to be honest, it's fucking terrifying. I'm tired, so tired, why won't they let me sleep? Where is my goddamn mother?

~~Time skip brought to you by Wish.com~~ (and also my laziness)

Countless blood draws, scans, and needles later, nothing more is known about my condition. Mom came to the hospital, but she didn't stop crying. I hate seeing her cry. Knowing I'm the reason behind her tears kills me. The man hasn't come back, is it weird that I miss him? I don't know what it is, it's like he's so close yet so far away, and if I just reach far enough, he'll be there.

I dont realise that I'm screaming until it's far too late to stop. I can't stop, can't hear, can't think, can't speak. My legs move on their own, running through the halls, shooting daggers into the carefully closed stitches, my scars burning with what I can only descrie to be acid and pure desperation. Even if I don't know him, I know that I need him. I know that he meant something to me, I know that he was different. The freeing feeling of my limp, numb feet hitting the ground only to spring back off, it feels right. What am I running towards, am I still screaming?

I run until until I can't anymore, immediately feeling cold hands wrap around me, pulling away the last shred of freedom I still faintly held to. I'm just a patient to them, aren't I? Another room to check on, a chore that needs to be dealt with before any fun can commence.

In that moment I decide. I hate hospitals.

I hate doctors that only care because they have to, I hate to see my mother's tears. I hate not knowing who I am or what I did. I'm scared of never finding out.

~~time skip~~

The man came back today. He wore the same hoodie, the one I assume is green. He looked like a mess, clearly not sleeping well. He said his name was Clay, and that he missed me. I miss me, too, Clay. I miss me, too.

One day. One day I'll come back to you.

I promise I'm doing my best

__________________________________/

Next chapter will have fluff and be very long, don't worry. As we near the end of this story, I cannot tell you how greatful I am for every single one of you who have taken the time to read this. And to those of you who have voted, you actually make my day every single time, so thank you so much!!

:)