Career

In this chapter, I will explain how I found my major in detail. I wanted to write this chapter so we can remember why we chose our major and career. There isn't a perfect major/career. Every major has pros and cons, but we decided on that specific major because we like it and its interest. There are times that we might feel difficulty while pursuing our major, but this chapter is about how to continue chasing after its challenges. At the end of this chapter, I also want to share a service that helps kids with homelessness continue their education and go to college. Lastly, I want to mention that everyone can voluntarily help someone through their major such as my major is teaching.

Everyone has at least one teacher who inspires them to be the best of themselves, but luckily, I had two. In my freshman year of high school, I had a teacher named Mrs. Miller, a math teacher. Every day every student had to pick up the calculator that had a number hanging on the wall according to the number seat they were seating. For example, if I was sitting at desk number two, I had to pick the calculator that it said number two and return it after the class was over back where I found the calculator. Every calculator was picked up except one, which was mine because I chose not to use a calculator in my algebra one class. Whenever I finish classwork in style, Mrs. Miller gave me homework, and I finished it in class. One day Mrs. Miller ran out of classwork ideas to provide me with that; one day, she told me to help my classmates, but since I was only fourteen years old and did not know my future very well, I decided not to allow my classmates. Throughout my high school life, I regretted not helping my classmates until I had another lucky opportunity.

Throughout my high school life, I wanted to be a professional Call of Duty player. After graduating high school, I decided to pursue my gamer career until the end of October 2014. I decided to go to college. Unfortunately, the fall 2014 semester has already started, so I have to wait to enlist for the spring 2015 semester at College of the Mainland (the name of the college I went to at that time) in which was about twenty minutes from where I lived. I quickly started learning how to drive and gain my driver's license to go to college independently. During my spring 2015 semester, I got into intermediate algebra class and received my highest math exam ever, a 99 out of 100. I was happy about getting that grade but was also mad when I found out why I did not receive a 100. I did not receive a 100 because part two of a question I did not know about when I took the exam until I received my grade. After finishing that semester, I enroll in college algebra for summer 2015 in which was a five-week class, and it was too fast for me. Hence, I dropped out of it and enroll in college algebra for fall 2015 with professor Susan Morawski in which I receive an A in her class. How did I get another opportunity of helping my classmates? See, in that class, I taught myself the entire chapter over a weekend.

I was getting a 100 on my homework, quizzes, and good grades on my exams too, but during class, I came in to sit down in my seat, put my backpack down, and left the class physically. I got up, walked away from the course, talked to friends until the class was over, and picked my backpack after class. I was doing this for several weeks until one day, my professor stopped me and asked me a question. She asked me how I got perfect grades on homework, quizzes, and exams but never was in class. I told her I taught myself the entire chapter over the weekend, and I already knew the chapter before they started explaining, so I did not want to be bored and kept leaving her class. She could quickly drop me from the course, but I was lucky she did not because she offered me to help my classmates rather than keep leaving her class. I almost say 'no thanks' again until I got a flashback of Mrs. Miller asking me the same question, and I always regretted saying 'no thanks,' so I gave it a chance this time. There was another reason that made me become a tutor. I wanted to help anyone I can with something that I am good at, and I will never know what I am good at if I don't try it first. So I started helping my classmates before, during, and after class. See, my classroom was in front of the math lab, so I helped my classmates before and after class inside the math lab since it was near the school.