The Oddities

"Lauraaa!" Lilly practically squealed, wrapping her arms around me tight, "hey lills," I said, hugging her back just as close. "You missed  first and second period yah know?" she said finally letting me go, "really?" I scratched my head. Was I really asleep for that long?  "Uhhh yeah, the bells about to ring through, so ill see you a little later weirdo," she said giving me an affectionate nudge before running off to her class.

"You're late, walker" my history teacher said as I walked into the classroom "yeah that's my bad, ill do better" I said my voice dripping with dread. 

There he was, his feet propped up on his desk, wearing an unimpressed look on his face, his hair as neat and black as ever. I sat down in my seat next to him, not even risking making eye contact.

The teacher began off from where he was last class, "so I was thinking, what if you guys worked in pairs for this project," he said, looking oddly proud of himself. "Can I wo-" "your partner will be your seatmate," the teacher said, cutting off a student who was probably just about to ask if she could work with someone. "So ill give you a good 20 minutes for you to talk to them and exchange information," he said, sitting down at his computer.

I turned slowly towards him, "hey" he said, meeting his eyes with mines; his eyes were a dark brown, and as he spoke, his teeth seemed to be perfectly fine. I smiled as I started to calm down, "hey" I replied, "do you have a number, or should I just email you?" He asked, pulling out his phone; I pulled mines out, pressing the power button. There was no response; I forgot to put it on the charger before I went to sleep... "it's fine, just meet me behind the school after class" he said shrugging it off. Does this dumbass really think I'm going to follow him behind the school? Vampire or not that's just weird, but if I do I can see if what I saw that day actually happened... "yeah sure" I said as the teacher started to teach again.

"RING RING RING" the bell once again interrupted him during his lesson, he let out an annoyed groan; "good luck on cooperating with your partners and I cant wait to see what you wonderful students create!" he said as we all filled out of the classroom.

"Hey!" Lilly said wearing a bright smile, "so are you coming over tonight?" "actually yeah lills I have a lot to talk about" I replied putting my hands in my pocket, that is if I survive till then I thought grimly, "Nice, maybe you'll actually learn how to do your own makeup this time," she said giggling and leaving to go get in her mom's car, "she's a real lively huh?".

I felt my entire face flush red; I knew that voice better than anyone, it was Sierra; she was wearing the same leather jacket and pants but instead, her shirt read "Internal slumber" which was a trendy band in 1987, don't ask why I know that. "Sierra!" I squealed turning around to face her; she was like an entire foot taller than me, "in the flesh" she said winking, "wh-whats up?" I asked attempting to stay calm, "I heard you're working with Alec", she must mean the kid next to me "yeah, why?" "I just thought it was cool; he's an old friend of mine," she said with a small smile, "r-really?, that's really nice that you two can see each other again," I said looking up at her "I despise him" she replied, the smile seemingly murdered by a deep glare, "oh..." I said looking away from her scowl, "sorry I just thought id tell you, good luck with him" she said ruffling up my hair. I might just be in love I thought watching her walk away, oh shit I've gotta go meet him!

I turned the corner going into the back of the school, my hand hovering over my pocket. There he was, propped up on the wall with his hands in his jacket pockets; he looked up at me, "hey" "hey" I replied, keeping my distance; "what's wrong?" you look kinda pale, he said approaching me "oh its nothing, so whats you-"