2- Fukurodani Academy

-One Week Later-

The first day of school

Scratch that. My first day of school.

The day prior, I got all of my things ready. "Notebooks, check. Loose-leaf paper, check. Pencils, check." I couldn't stop myself from checking my bag more times than I should have, making sure I had everything I needed, anxious that I would forget something and get in trouble.

Though it had only been a week since I left Karasuno, I couldn't help but think about the team. Had they practiced until late like they usually do? Were the weirdos still as loud as they've always been? Do they miss me as much as I miss them?

I sat on my bed facing the accent wall of my room, one that was full of pictures of my former classmates and the volleyball club. Some of those were from Karasuno's matches, where the vibe was so intense that I couldn't keep myself from taking a snippet of them with me, while others were of the boys being as energetic as ever with their derpy faces.

Allowing my head to hit my pillow, I stared at the ceiling, switching my thoughts towards my new school.

Will I be able to fit in as I had at Karasuno? Is the school big? How is Keiji? I wonder how much he changed since the last time I saw him. Of course, he would be much taller than he was back then, but I had no idea if he had gained the courage to talk to other people in the time I was absent.

I closed my eyes and attempted to get some rest, but I was continuously being interrupted by my irrational thoughts. Turning on my phone, I turned on some low-volume music, which successfully led me into a deep sleep.

.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Hold on, let me be a little more specific. The sounds of my mother screaming and swearing were the first thing I heard this morning. I took that as a sign that it was time to wake up, so I played along with it.

Checking the time, I noticed that it was 6:06 am, half an hour before my actual alarm was meant to wake me up. I didn't mind, though.

Getting out of bed, I walked towards my bathroom and showered in some nice warm water. After drying and brushing my hair, I put on my uniform that consists of a white shirt, a light-gray blazer, a black skirt, and a light blue tie. It was kind of cute, though I don't think Nishinoya would've liked the girl's uniforms as much as Karasunos. That brat.

I typed the address of Fukurodani Academy into my phone's GPS and took the route it gave me to get there. Sadly, the box of metal and glass that I held in my hand decided it wasn't going to vibe with me today. It glitched multiple times and sent me in circles around an unfamiliar block, and so I got lost. Fortunately, I came across a booth with a map on it, successfully leading me towards the school.

Good thing I woke up earlier.

Walking into the large school at 8:43 am with a few minutes left to spare till class started, I looked at the campus map. I realized the cafeteria wasn't very far from my class, making me sigh in relief. I won't need to walk much to get there. I made my way inside my homeroom class and introduced myself to everyone.

It's not common for students to move halfway through the school year, in the middle of the second term, so my classmates were quite curious about me, though they hadn't brought it upon themselves to ask questions. The fewer questions the better. Following my introduction, I didn't speak to anyone in my class and only looked for empty seats across the classroom, only interested in seeing how Keiji was doing.

Akaashi's POV-

I was seated on my desk when my teacher announced that a new student was joining our class. That's odd. Anyhow, I found myself not caring. It's not like we'll be friends or anything. Why should I care? Concluding my thoughts, I pulled out my notebook. The new student entered the classroom and introduced herself. I glanced at the girl, only to notice that she looked familiar, and when I realized who it was, a huge wave of memories hit me like a bus going 60 miles an hour.

That's Y/N... the only friend I had during elementary school. Back then, I wasn't the type of person to begin conversations with anyone -not that I've changed much- but when she decided to talk to me first, I felt myself relaxing in her presence. Talking to her felt like a breeze of cool, fresh air in a summer afternoon. We created a lot of memories together, but those memories were put on pause when I was forced to move to Tokyo. In my eyes, Y/N was like a little sister. I'm not afraid to say that I looked up to her. I mean, how could she always smile or be happy in general? Even after that?

I remember the first words she said to me, with a bright, beaming smile on her face. I couldn't forget how big her imagination was, either.

"You can be king again, go reclaim your crown again!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Y/N's POV-

I made my way to one of the only empty seats in the classroom. As I went to sit down, I noticed someone that caught my eye. Is that...?

Curious, I noticed the other empty seat in the classroom was behind this 'someone' and made my way there instead. Now seated, I tapped on his shoulder, causing him to turn around and mutter a soft "Yes?" with a bored tone in his voice.

''Are you Akaashi Keiji?'' I whispered, staring at him with a little smile. "That's me, Y/N," he said smiling. "Nice to see you again." My smile widened in response.

"Are you still a loner?", I asked him, the smile on his pretty face disappearing. "Did you come here to bully me?" I let out a small laugh. "Sorry, sorry," I replied, earning myself a stern look from our teacher. I looked towards the board in an attempt to pay attention to what the teacher was writing.

"I have Bokuto and Konoha, now. I'll introduce you guys during the lunch period,'' Keiji told me, turning toward the front of the classroom as well.

I wonder what they're like...

{~ 1119 words ~}

A/n- A longer chapter for you guys hope you guys also enjoyed this chapter.