Prologue 2: The Protector Program

Once again, I find myself waking up in a place I don't recognize, but this time, something was different. I felt....heavy. Like an iron suit was weighing down my very soul, which I soon found out to be almost the case.

Suchong: Ah, finally you've awoken.

I turned my head slightly to see doctor Suchong enter the bleakly light room. He closed a door behind and turned towards me with a smile on his face, which struck me as extremely odd, due to how he previously looked at me as if he was promised gold and delivered coal. Now his eyes traveled up and down my body, like I was some grand trophy he had earned.

Suchong: Your suit was a perfect fit, which is good, as you are the last of the alpha series, so we wouldn't be making another. Due to the ease of your transition, you have already been brought into the Protector Program. You will be assigned a little sister to protect in just a few moments, and sent out to do your job.

As he spoke, he took off the restraints around my arms and legs, and motioned for me to stand. I did as instructed and, though feeling a little wobbly, regained my balance and began to get suited to walking around in this metal armor. I turned to the other side of the room, looking into another great glass window, and gazed upon my reflection.

 I turned to the other side of the room, looking into another great glass window, and gazed upon my reflection

This diving suit was.....odd. It felt heavy, and yet also felt as if it was my own skin, like I had always existed within this metal shell. I looked down towards the drill attached to my hand, and closed my fist, causing the drill to whir and spin, spitting out smoke. I looked at my other hand and saw small openings along my fingertips, then turned my hand around. On the back of my fist was a brass plate with the Omega symbol displayed in bright white.

 On the back of my fist was a brass plate with the Omega symbol displayed in bright white

As I was still getting used to my suit, I heard three sharp raps on the door. I turned to see it opened by the nurse from before, holding the hand of a......little girl? No, something was wrong. The girl had pale green skin a bright yellow eyes, so she wasn't human, but something else. As soon as she saw me, she ran towards m and hugged my leg, of which she barely went up to my waist. She looked up towards me, her bright yellow eyes piercing my own. She shouted in a voice that, though sounding like a little girls voice, had an underlying deep sound to it.

Girl: Papa!

As soon as she said that, I felt a chord strike within me. Was this my daughter? I don't remember having a daughter, or a child, or a wife. But, to be fair, I didn't remember anything before I woke up here. Dr. Suchong then spoke, with a tone of disgust.

Suchong: That.... thing is-

Ava: I'm Ava!

Suchong looked at the girl with a similar look he gave me when he first saw me.

Suchong:......Ava is your little sister. You will protect her with your life, understand?

No, I didn't. I was still trying to understand why she looked like she did. Did I look like that? I hadn't exactly seen myself until I was already wearing the suit.

Before I could voice my concern(or at least make a confused groan) however, I felt.....strange. A sensation I had never felt before. I looked down towards Ava, who was still grasping onto my leg, and felt....love. Unending, Undying love. Now what he said made sense. Yes, I'll help her, whatever she needs done, I'll do. I'll even die for her, if needed.

She let go of my leg and grabbed onto my hand, then began pulling me towards the door.

Ava: Come on, Daddy! There are angels we need to find!

Without question, I followed her out of the room. I don't know who or what angels are, but I'll help her, gladly. As I left, I heard Suchong speak again.

Suchong: Interesting. The pheromones took effect quicker than normal. He already believes she is his daughter. Interesting.

Pheromones? Is that why I feel like this? No, I just love her. And she is my daughter, I can feel it. I'll protect her. I have to.