Chapter 1: A Long Forgotten Secret

A long, looooooooong time in the future
Tatsumaki POV

Ugh, why did they send me HERE of all places?  To some stupid ancient city underwater and all they tell me is "explore"! What the hell does that mean!? Just look around until I find something interesting?! All that I've seen so far is skeletons and flooded rooms, nothing interesting at all. I swear, when I get back, I'm gonna throw that manager off a building!

I floated down another hallway and gazed out of the windows, looking over the abandoned city. It's lights had long since gone out, so all that was left were tall, dark buildings that seem to stretch on forever. I guess it's not all bad that I was sent here. It's kinda cool to see all this crazy stuff.

I rounded a corner to see yet another sealed door, which usually only meant the room behind it was flooded. I opened it using my powers and began to push back the water, then took the shards of glass and placed them back into their place, sealing the water out of the room.

Tatsumaki: And look, another empty room, nothing to.....report?

As I spoke, I saw something very strange. A statue, made from ice, of a little girl being held by a huge metal man. I lowered myself beside and looked at it. Whoever designed it did a good job, I think I can even see the girls eyes glowing. I moved a closer, with my face being only a few inches from the ice to examine it, then noticed the eye move to look directly at me.

Subject Omega's POV

...

...

...

Warm.......

I opened my eyes as I felt something I hadn't felt in an eternity. I felt....Warmth. It's touch was wonderful, and then I realized it. The ice, it was actually melting. Finally, I'll be free of this icey prison, and me and Ava can be safe. After a moment, I could just barley move my right arm. I shook it violently, causing the ice to crack, and then break. I revved the drill, which almost seemed to scream as the gears, which had not spun for an eternity, began to move and shake. Once it revved up, I used it to finish breaking myself out of the ice, then pulled Ava out of what remained. She quickly hugged my leg, shivering.

Ava: Papa! I've  been so c-cold, and for so l-long....

I knelt down and hugged her. Though I couldn't give her any words of encouragement, my actions seemed to be enough to get her to smile. Even if the pheromones that made me love her so dearly faded within the ice over time, I still considered her my daughter. I took her hand and was going to lead her out of the room, but as I turned to face the entrance way, I noticed a person. A small girl, just a few inches taller than Ava, with green hair and bright green eyes, wearing a strange black..... dress? Was standing there, wearing an expression of just witnessing the most surprising event of her life, which was likely the case, honestly.

Cautiously, I moved Ava behind me and raised my drill. I uttered a low growl as her shocked expression was replaced with an angry one.

Lady: Did you just......GROWL at me? I save your life, and you GROWL AT ME!?

She began floating upwards until she was slightly taller than me.

Lady: That is no way to treat the person who saved you!

I lowered my drill slightly. She saved us? I guess the rooms not flooded anymore, so did she do that? Maybe she isn't here to hurt her. I look at Ava beside me, who is eyeing the strange lady with curiosity. I lower my drill, as the lady crosses her arms, muttering a "hmph!"

Lady: That's more like it.

She turns around towards the entrance, then looks back at me.

Lady: I was told to find something interesting, but I guess you'll do. Come on, you want to leave, right?

Leave? I didn't know I COULD leave. I look at Ava, wanting to see what she wants. She looks at the lady, then back to me, and nods excitedly.

Ava: Let's go with her, Daddy! We can see the surface!

I guess that settles it. I pick up Ava and follow the strange lady out of the room, and into something new.