Prologue

"Tauriel!" Legolas was always with Tauriel, or at least always tried to be

 Emerin had watched as the young prince fell in love with the red-headed Captain of the Guard. It was honestly amusing for Emerin to watch Legolas struggle to find different excuses to spend time with Tauriel. Eremin had been assigned to watch over Legolas 370 years ago, when the King started to realize how important it was to protect his only heir. Thranduil had grown fond of Emerin while she was working for the guard, protecting Mirkwood, and no one could deny how skilled the young elf was. 

Emerin could easily go unnoticed if she wanted to, the king knew this. He started off by giving her different assignments that involved being unseen, and keeping an eye on different subjects.

She was never caught, and always succeeded in all of her tasks. When Emerin first started to guard the prince, she had thought nothing of him. Just another assignment. The only times he ever noticed her was when she accompanied him on his watches acting as a simple guard.

Emerin was remarkable at many different things. She had learned much from the healers at Mirkwood about medicines and spells. She was excellent at fighting, sewing, climbing, and countless other things.

Occasionally, while she watched Legolas as he drifted off into his sleep, (from afar) she would think about him and what more there was to him. After figuring out when the prince would have restless nights or bad dreams, she would always stock up on the herbs that helped calm him down. Of course she waited until he was asleep to use the herbs as incense to help him have a good nights rest, and would always erase any sign of it before he awoke.

Legolas intrigued Emerin. He was just about the only exciting thing in the dark forest.

Until one day, a company of 13 dwarves showed up causing disarray in the woods.

................................................

Tell me what you think of this story, I am open to suggestions for plot twists and etc. I will be trying to update as often as possible.

-J.