Chapter 1...A new friend

A/N : credits to @violetparrxallyson for inspo

Also the song is rlly good if u want u could listen while reading <3

 I looked down to my hands at my schedule for the semester. I looked back up and noticed the hallways were more filled with students which made me a little more nervous. My First period was ELA. My favorite class because the teachers are always nice, and I'm very fond of writing and books.

I was heading to the English language arts class. It was the first day of 8th grade, I was quite nervous but I shook the nerves off. I didn't want to accidentally set off some magic and embarrass myself from my own powers.

Oh right, I forgot to explain that I'm a super! I have the powers of a witch, just like in the Harry Potter movies or books. I do prefer the books, they are just so much more detailed. I never met anyone like me, it would be nice to have a friend who is different, like me. You know, a super?

I almost reached my class door when I bumped into a girl at the doorway. She had deep mysterious eyes, black dark silky hair, which was covering half of her face.

Once I snap out of my strange thoughts, I build up the courage to say something to her.

"Oh sorry, uhm- I'm (y/n), (y/n) dicker." I spoke. Did I mention my dads name? Yeah several people make fun of me for it. My dad is a normal but works with many adult supers.

"H-hi I-I'm violet p-parr.." violet stuttered. She seemed a bit shy, I have no problem with that though, it's cute.

After she says that the bell rings. I flinched at the sudden bell noise. And looked at violet.

"well I better head to class" I say as I walk in. 

I sit at my usual seat, in the back, I then realize violet is walking in right after I sit down. That's cool how she's in the same class as me! Before the teacher could walk in, I head over to violets seat which is one seat away from being next to me.

"Hey! We have the same class, cool huh?" I mention to her to get her attention with a smile. She looks up to me, standing over her desk.

"Yeah pretty cool" she answers, with a small smile.

"Alright class settle down, may everyone seat themselves please?" My ELA teacher politely asks. I look over to the teacher and head back to my desk. I seat myself and get out a notebook and pen to take notes.

After class, I head to the cafeteria and I spot violet, all alone with her head in her hand, not eating her food. She was wearing a blue-ish purple-ish cardigan. I walk over to here and tap her shoulder lightly. 

"Hey!" I say with excitement and a large smile.

"O-oh h-hello.." violet mumbled but still loud enough where I can hear. 

"Mind if I sit here?" I asked violet, still holding that huge smile.

"S-sure, but why me?" She wondered. 

I felt bad because she didn't seem to have much friends and she was eating lunch all alone, no one deserves to be alone at lunch time. 

"I wanted to be friends!" I answer, widening my grin as far as I can.

She scooches to the side a bit to give me space to sit next to her. I sit down next to her at the lunch table, and we start a random conversation about Harry Potter. I brought it up but I didn't say anything about my powers, that would most likely scare her off since most people are scared of supers, they think that since we have a powerful advantage, we would hurt normal people.

"Yeah! I wish I could do those spells and, stuff." I laughed.

"Hah! Me too but I already have powers" she giggled, quite cutley. 

I then realized what she said, and sat there shook. She has powers too? Did she mean to say that? How can she trust me already? What if I was a rude and un-accepting normal?

She then also realized what she said, luckily I'm the only one who heard. There could have been a huge problem if anyone else knew. At least i can keep a secret.

"I-I'm sorry I-I need t-to leave." She stuttered as her eyes watered a bit, and started to run away. 

I quickly caught her wrist before she could leave. I needed to talk to her and tell her I'm a super, and let her know she can trust me.

"We need to talk..." I whispered so no one in the school could hear our conversation.