Chapter 7 just a friend...

"Woah" violet said in amazement.

"I know right" I said.

"Basically, I went home after our sleepover and this orb turned into this fairy person. Her name is zhan tiri and-" I was cut off by zhan tiri popping up again.

"Do you need some- ohhhhh is this your girlfriend?" She interrupts and wiggles her eyebrows at me. I look shocked with wide eyes while blushing. I turn to violet and she had the same expression as me. Me and vi? Nononono! We. Are. Both. Girls. It would never work out! I think.

"U-uh no, you have it wrong. She's just my f-friend." I clarified. For some reason it hurt me to call vi 'just a friend'. 

"If you say so.. what do you need?" She asks.

"O-oh it was just a false a-alarm" I answered.

"Alrighty then, bye!" She says and disappears again.

"Sorry about that. Hmm where was I- oh right and she told me I have new powers and I have to learn how to use them" I finish.

"That's neat...so uhm, d-do you just see m-me as a f-friend?" She quickly changes the subject. Ik honestly unsure of what to say. I can say I may or may not like her. I'm not even sure if I do. I have to say something though.

"U-uh y-yeah why?" I reply.

"N-no r-reason." Her voice seems shaky like she's about to cry. I feel bad now. But why would she  be so sad about me calling her a friend?

"I-I have t-to g-go..." she says as she puts on her backpack and walks away from me.

Was it something I said? Was it because i called her just a friend?