XII) Failure

Word count : 566

"And even though, we barley knew each other

"And even though, we barley knew each other. It still hurts... watching him fade away"
-Watching him fade away: Mac Demarco

Giyuu's pov
First person

It was now night after my argument with Shinobu and it was still on my mind.

For the past few years I've seen nothing but a smile. I've never once seen her mad.

Shinobu has never even yelled at me before which isn't normal for a relationship especially one that's been going on since high school.

I was in the kitchen as she was sitting on the couch blankly staring at the tv screen. I slowly move towards the couch and sit at the opposite end eating a bowl of cereal.

She was wearing a white crocheted top with a flared purple skirt that ended right above her knees, meanwhile I was wearing an oversized white shirt with basketball shorts.

"Tell me, what's wrong?" I asked in a calm manner.

"When did you stop?" She asked not taking her eyes off the tv.

"When did I stop what?" I asked.

"When did you stop loving me?"

My eyes widened not expecting such a question especially not after this morning. Usually instead of fighting she'd just smile and walk away and then pretend like nothings ever happened, so this behavior is so unusual.

"I don't want to talk about this right now," I sigh staring back at my cereal.

"Tell me, where we just stupid and young? I believe we were," she stared down with no expression what's so ever.

"I don't think we were stupid. I think we just gave each other the right amount of attention at the wrong time," I admitted.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. So tell me, when did it all stop?" She asked while looking right into my eyes.

"I think it stopped when I realized that no matter what I will always be the problem and how you constantly remind me that I am," I spoke up trying to not start another argument.

"You're not the problem it's just us together that is the problem. I was so use to you being angry and your furrowed brow that I just completely forgot what a healthy relationship was meant to look like. Instead of talking about it to stop these arguments I just ignored you completely," she discussed.

The room filled with silence.

"I guess the years are gone, huh?" I chuckled as the past few years were just a waste.

"I guess so," she smiled.

"Do you think I am able to be in a healthy relationship?" I asked her.

"I mean it depends, if it's the right person then yes. The person you feel you're able to open up to, the person you can talk thing out with, and someone who understands you. I know you're able to have a healthy relationship but just not with me," she answered as a single year trickled down her cheek yet she still has her smile.

I nodded at the answer.

"So when did you stop loving me? If you don't mind me asking," I asked concerned.

"That's the thing, I didn't.." she admitted getting up from her seat and giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodbye, my love," she whispered cupping my face as she grabbed her stuff and slowly walked out the door.

* ੈ✩‧₊˚

Bruh sorry for like the long update but yeah