Chapter 15

I woke up by the brightness of the sun peeking in between my curtains. Stretching my arms, I sat up in bed and smiled.

It's going to be another good day.

It had only been about a week since I've been here, and it gave me a different sense of calmness. The company rented me out a one-bedroom apartment about 40 minutes drive from the office. It is a very humble place, but it's home and very cozy. 

Getting out from bed, I soothed the covers and went into the washroom to get ready. Wrapping myself up in a towel, I sat in front of the make-up table and glanced at my phone that have just received a new text. I didn't even have to look at it to know. 

Hanbin sends the exact same text every morning that I am starting to doubt he even types them anymore. It gives a 'copy and paste' feel now. I sighed and looked at the text anyway. 

'Good morning, Eun Hee. Wish I woke up with you in my arms today.'

I opened the text and realized that I have never once replied to him. Whenever I do feel like replying, I remember the thought that he's just disgusted to touch me. His wife. Me. 

Why are we even torturing ourselves like this? He doesn't want me so he should .. let me go? 

I looked at the ring on my left hand that has been there since the day we got married. 

Do I want us to end like that?

I remember his every smile, touch and hug as if he is right here with me. I have fallen so deeply in love with him. 

Shaking away the negativity, I got ready and went off to work. 

"Good morning, Jinhwan Oppa.." 

I smiled as I swiped my card and saw Jinhwan. He smiled and muttered a 'good morning' as we waited for the elevator together. He wore a pair of khaki slacks and cream sweater, looking simple but always a million dollars' worth. Everybody here knows he's a conglomerate heir, but he is one of the most humble person I have ever known.

"How was your weekend?" he asked politely, his eyes giving out a nice sparkle. 

"Relaxing," I said. "I went to the places you recommended and really enjoyed myself." 

"Ah, really?" he responded. "You should have asked me to bring you around." 

"I wouldn't want to bother you too much," I replied though he showed me a slight disappointed face. 

"It wouldn't have been too much trouble. It'll be nice to go around with a friend or two at times," he chuckled. "See you later." 

We parted as we went to our respective labs. I hung my coat and put my bag into the locker, taking out only my phone that I slipped into my lab coat pocket as well as the locker key.

Before I could swipe my card to get into the lab, my phone buzzed again. I furrowed my brows. Hanbin never texts me twice in the morning. Fishing out my phone, I almost thought I saw the wrong text. 

'I'll see you tonight. Don't get off work late.'

I unlocked my phone and was about to ask what is going on or what he meant by that, but the sound of the door unlocking disturbed my train of thoughts. 

"Looks like the big boss wants us to reorganize and clean the labs again so I'm sorry .. but you're stuck with me today," Jinhwan came through the door with his lab coat hanging over his arm. "What's wrong?" 

He glanced between me and my phone, snapping me out of my trance. 

"Ah.. nothing," I dropped the phone into my pocket. "Just a surprising text from uh- erm-"