Chapter 10

Teenage Kim Hanbin raised his eyebrows at the venue as he got out of the car after his father. He doesn't really care if he is here or not, he haven't even made up his mind on what to do with his life.

"We'll meet a few of my business associates here. Maybe you'll want to try business after talking with the experienced," his father gave a pat on his son's shoulder, chuckling to himself. "Appa is really happy you decided to come with me tonight, my son."

Hanbin straightened his formal suit and nodded at his dad. He took another glance at Hotel Cosmos, one of the hotels his father helped build. It became one of the five-star hotels and have been standing for no shorter than half a decade. It was also a collaboration project with Kwon Corps.

"Welcome, CEO Kim," his father nodded at the hotel staff as they opened the doors to the main hall for the both of them. His father led the introduction of him to a bunch of people that he'd lost track of which name belongs to which faces.

He strolled down to the food table, thinking of which to take when he heard some men talking nearby

"Look, she's here. I've only heard of her.."
"She is really cute.."
"Maybe we'll see her more often from now on.."

Out of curiosity, he followed their gazes and his eyes landed on a teenage girl about his age. She was wearing a sky blue knee-length dress and her simple styled hair falls down to her shoulders. Compared to the other women in the room, her make-up and dress was very modest but also elegant at the same time. Smiling and covering her mouth as she laughs, she is very much beautiful by nature.

"When she gets just a little older, men will be all over her. She is, after all, the only heir to Kwon Corps.."

Hanbin sighed inwardly. It was pretty much amazing how people think they can predict another person's future. He took a round over the table and looked at the words on the ice sculpture: Congratulations to Kwon Corps 15th Anniversary.

-

Suppressing a yawn, Hanbin stretched his arms and his neck. Taking a deep breathe of the fresh air, he took a short walk towards the fountain. The garden seemed a bit bare since it was closed due to it being connected to the main hall where the event was held.

"Aww you cute little one. Come here, I've some food for you..."

The soft female voice caught his ears as he turned round the corner of the bush.

Her back was on him but the sky blue dress and shoulder length hair gave her away almost immediately.

She was squatting on the ground and scratching the back of the head of a scrubby looking stray kitten. The little kitten with dirty looking white fur keeps clawing at her with its paws and she would avoid the tiny paws and keeps touching it.

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you.."

Looks like she was trying to feed it something but the kitten just sniffed at it and licked it but refused to eat any of it.

"Do you not like it or are you not hungry?"

Meoww..

Hanbin heard gasp as the kitten scratched her hand and ran off into the darkness.

"Are you okay, Miss?"

She immediately stood up and stood up to face him.

If earlier he thought she looked common, then he certainly has not looked at her properly. Her two brown eyes looking back at him sparkled out of curiosity and it was the most beautiful pair of eyes he has ever seen. She has a small nose that sat nicely between two naturally flushed cheeks, probably out of embarrassment, framed with beautifully carved almond-shaped face. Her simple styled hair bordering her face makes it more difficult to breathe while looking at her..