Chapter 2: A Different World

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

I'm at school right now, at my locker, getting out my stupid Math book for stupid Math class. I'm not good at math, in fact, I'm HORRIBLE AT IT!

The last report card I got said I got a F- in Math! An F-! THATS HOW BAD I AM!

I look over to my BFF Olivia, who is also getting a textbook out. She has Science in a few minutes, but I wish we could be in the same class.

(Y/N): *Sigh* "At this point, I'll never graduate High School this year."

Olivia: "Don't say that (Y/N), I'm sure you'll get better at Math."

(Y/N): *Rolls eyes* "Yea, when pigs fly!"

Olivia: "So you got a F- once. No big deal, I'm sure you'll get better at it."

I sigh and start to hope and pray that I pass this Math test I have today. If I get another F, my dad will take away all my electronics, and ground me for 6 months!

And the school will hold me back a year, so I won't graduate with the rest of the Senior's and my friends who are also Senior's like me.

I see our other friends Tonya, Jasmine, Bailey, Zoe and Gary walk up to us. Gary is the smartest person in our friend group, and is also in the same Math class as me.

(Y/N): "Gary! Please, please, please, let me borrow your Math notes! I forgot to study and I CAN NOT fail this test!"

Gary: "How did you forget to study?"

(Y/N): "I had to study for several OTHER tests today! I had to study for History, Health, Science, and English on top of Math!"

Tonya: "Let me guess. By the time you got done studying for the four other tests, it was past midnight, and you were too tired to continue studying?"

(Y/N): *Sweat drop* "Yes."

Gary: * Rolls eyes* "Fine, here. You seriously need to start studying more."

He hands me the Math Notes, and I start to quickly read them and go through them.

As I'm looking though them, I hear the others start to talk about Music class yesterday. And how well me and Olivia sang.

Zoe: "I'm telling you. You both could be professional singers one day!"

Olivia: "T-Thanks. But you know (Y/N) doesn't like the spotlight on her, and I would much rather be a fashion designer."

Jasmine: "Oh come on, you both would be great at it!"

Olivia: "Sorry, but we're just not into having the spotlight on us."

Hailey: "Oh really now?"

Ugh, brat alert. I still can't believe we were ever friends with Hailey back in Elementary School.

Olivia: "Ugh. What do you want from us now Hailey?"

Hailey: "Is that ANY way to talk to your BFF?"

Olivia: "Ex-BFF. You dropped Jasmine, Gary, (Y/N) and me when we got to our second year of Middle School."

Hailey: "Not my fault you're no longer popular like me."