| remnants |

*2 months*

POE

I just came back from an ally planet after 2 weeks of helping them out. I was so tired I could sleep right there in my X-Wing as I landed it in the hangar. I took off my helmet to see Finn greeting and engulfing me in a hug while everyone else seemed happy to see me. I ushered everyone back to work as I headed off to the headquarters with Finn, knowing with certainty that there would be things for me to handle. I was surprised to see who was standing there as I entered the room. None other than the infamous Lando Calrissian who was giving instructions to the remaining pilots who weren't with me on the mission. Noticing we had just entered the room, he gave us an acknowledgement nod before continuing to brief the squadron.

" When did he get back?" I whispered to Finn, not wanting to be loud whilst Lando was debriefing the pilots

"A few weeks after you left. Someone needed to be in charge and I'm still training so he took it upon himself to oversee the work."

Before we could continue talking, Lando approached us which made us stand to attention. He asked how did the mission go and I assured him everything was going as planned but I could see a slight troubled expression on his face. He let out a heavy sigh as he told me and Finn how our supplies is once again draining and we need to find a solution soon. He explained how he has already made plans but it wasn't enough to keep some for emergencies incase of an unexpected incident should occur.

"So seeing as how we're in need of help and I've gotten used to going places to get help... Would you take up the position you deserve now?" I said extending my hand out for him. He smiled at me and shook my hand. I felt as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulder. Finn and I excused ourselves to go our separate ways. I had to repair my X-Wing while Finn had to train. BB8 and I went to work, repairing the damages we had sustained from collisions we had along the way.

Within a few hours, we were done. I wanted to go to my room but I saw an X-Wing that was on a hill not too far from the hangar. I sighed as I remembered the way Rey looked when she came out of it. I decided to repair it seeing as how I had nothing else to do so I let BB8 head back while I took my time repairing the engine of the X-Wing. It was a pretty old model but nothing I've never done before. I worked on it for hours; not realising it was almost evening. It was taking my mind off things which I definitely needed.

My head was inside the engine compartment, fixing the cooling system. I heard the faint sound of branches snapping as they grew louder towards my direction but I was too occupied to bother about it. I was still in my own world, checking the ship's radiator when I heard a a familiar but soft feminine voice calling me.

"Poe...?"

*clank*

I banged my head against the engine at the sound of my name being called to which I groaned in pain.

"Ow"

I got out, my hands rubbing my head where I banged against the engine, to see who it was, my eyes slowly adjusting to the bright glare of the sun. My eyes widen as I stood there frozen. In front of me was Rey, smiling at me. She still looked like she hasn't eaten a good meal in days but more importantly she was conscious which was all I cared about. R2 who was behind her let out a couple beeps of happiness before heading off to leave us alone. She had on some mechanical crutches to help her walk as she made her way over to me and pulled me in for a hug despite the pain she was going through. It took me a couple of seconds to believe what I was seeing before I hugged her back, slightly lifting her off the ground due to our height difference. I was so thankful she was back. I felt a feeling I hadn't felt since the day we won. I felt happy and warm on the inside. We stayed in each other's embrace for a few minutes before BB8 interrupted us. He was rolling around Rey's feet happily. She smiled at him before patting his antenna like she always does.